Ideas on how to abuse a Toughbook

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by steve.steve, May 22, 2019.

1. mklym

mklym Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have a CF-52GUN (touchscreen model) that SHEEPMAN! sent me about 6yrs ago. The unit had been submerged. The system board is white and fuzzy, as are most of the internal components. The unit was SHEEPMANS! daily driver for a couple of yrs and has been my daily driver since I received it. The unit keeps going beyond all odds. :)

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  2. UNCNDL1

UNCNDL1 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The 52 GUN He sent me is by far one of my favorites...I really dig the red led’s glowing onto the keyboard.
    Every time I dig her out I have to search for how to turn the led’s on...

Sent from my CF-M33

Wyoming88! likes this.
  3. SHEEPMAN!

SHEEPMAN! Freelance

Reputations:
    Let me know when it quits. I'll send you the one with 26840 hours on it....the others I have are: 8090, 25680,700.

For the uninformed, the GUN (GUNBEAM/GUNBRAM etc.) has a CF-30 touch-panel. The keyboard is lit by red LEDs shining from the wider then usual screen bezel. The stylus has a neat little home in the bezel also.

CF-30MK3 "glass" creates a rainbow effect caused by polarization.. Some day I'll swap that for MK1 or 2.

I dropped one 30 inches or so onto slate one time and it cost me $3.18 to fix it. Cracked the fingerprint reader filler piece.

This is the toughest of the semi-rugged Toughbooks.

UNCNDL1 likes this.
  4. Wyoming88!

Wyoming88! Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would say from Mr.Ibreakthingsonpourpuse to give it to either a cow or a dog. Maybe even a lion. @SHEEPMAN! The 52GUN is nice and also yes it is one of the toughest semi rugged toughbook

5. mklym

mklym Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    No worries. I will definitely let you know when it quits. I think this unit probably has over 26840 hrs on it. A little over 3 yrs of running 24/7 gives you over 26,000 hrs. I know I have put that many hrs on this GUN, probably more. Then there is the hrs you put on it and how ever long the original owner used it, before it was submerged. Probably closer to 30k.

I agree with you about the GUN being the toughest of the semi-rugged Toughbooks.

UNCNDL1 likes this.