Ideapad Yoga?

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by quickrabbit5, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazysah

Crazysah Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Are these still on back order and are the wifi and battery issues fixed?

2. dan76

dan76 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  3. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. dan76

Reputations:
    My thoughts exactly. It's starting to look like just a rumor and a lie from one of the Sales reps. Knowing what we know about the proprietary size and connector, it's hard to imagine how they'd squeeze the Intel wifi inside anyway.

5. cactus944

cactus944 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys!

I recently received my first Yoga 13 but I had to send it back because the display just didn't work. I don't know what caused this, but the first problem we noticed was that the power cord didn't go fully into the adapter. (Sorry if my English is awkward! :D) I don't know if it was even supposed to go, but at least the picture of the brief user guide showed clearly that the cord should go completely into the hole of the adapter. Either the hole was too small or the picture had something wrong with it. Or they had given us the wrong cord. Anyway, we couldn't read anything on the screen, there were just vertical white lines. Now I'm waiting for my second Yoga.

EDIT: They told us that there weren't anything wrong with the cord and the adapter, Yoga's screen was the problem.

6. bsreekanthreddy

bsreekanthreddy Newbie

Reputations:
    Find latest WIFI driver that I got from lenovo forums below. This is unsigned driver. So, you will have to disable driver signing in windows 8 to install this. I installed this on my Yoga 13 and so far no issues. Please note that I take no responsibility for any harm this may do to your machine. I installed it at my own risk and so far I did not have issues.

» Updated: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 LaslowNET

Driver version is 1021.5.1217.2012
    Date : 2012-12-17

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r67hgpli587fxfj/wifi.zip

7. floepie

floepie Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Uh, where did you get this? I would advise not to install this if not available from Lenovo directly.

8. bsreekanthreddy

bsreekanthreddy Newbie

Reputations:
    I got this from someone who claimed that their laptop came preinstalled with this new wifi driver. They extracted it from their computer. I installed it and it does not seem to have wrecked anything but it is up to you if you want to use it or not.

9. fkacct

fkacct Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed this updated driver a few hours ago. The connection seems noticeably more stable!!

10. dan76

Reputations:
    I've been following both threads since the beginning... I'm happy to see the Lenovo thread finally filter over here.

Anyone else unable to install the unsigned drivers? I'm having a helluva time... Been working on this for nearly an hour with no success. Rebooted with the disable driver signing #7, etc... I even disabled secure boot in the UEFI.. still no dice. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

no worka.PNG no workb.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.