1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Ideapad Y510P

Discussion in 'IdeaPad & Essential' started by MJG1492, Jun 2, 2013.

1. arcticreaver

arcticreaver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    how is the mouse pad. and can you comment on build quality.

2. Gaate

Gaate Newbie

Reputations:
    The build quality feels good. I'd say above average. About 70% of the laptop has a metal casing. Its pretty much the same build quality as the Y500 I'd say.

So far I have loved the touch pad. It took a little to get used to but It seems really accurate and I like using it. Then again I haven't really used a lot of touch pads, and I probably wont use this one to much.

3. Character Zero

Character Zero Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wonder if the ultrabay is the same size as the y500?

4. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you verify that the touch pad is a synaptics one. Also what were your temperatures after your bench mark test. When I get home I will run bench marks to compare but if its true then haswell has improve gpu performance some what. I know one member on here posted some results from 3dmark 11 with scores around 4900-5000 over clocked, but that was pushing the gpu's to the limit.

5. Gaate

Gaate Newbie

Reputations:
    Yep, I'm running synaptics touchpad.

The temperatures were pretty low, without a cooler on a flat table the highest I could get the GPU to go was like 72 degrees ish.

6. dyjodapa

dyjodapa Newbie

Reputations:
    I am hoping to compare this to the HP new models tomorrow. So I hope maybe Lenovo will give me a good deal.

7. eriscentro

eriscentro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I looked at other machines, the y series is a great deal

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:

Can you throw up a screenshot of your 3dmark 11 score if you have a chance. Want to see the GPU/CPU scores.

Thanks

9. ameybhavsar

ameybhavsar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,

I was planning to replace my y500 with the new y510p. I need to ask whether this machine has iGPU i.e hd 5000 enabled along with the gt750m sli Or it is the same dedicated graphics without nvidia optimus as it was on y500.

Also can you play games only with single graphic card when the ultrabay sli is in the slot. Is their any option to switch to single gpu so that I can conserve the battery.

What about gaming without power plug in...does it lag...previously on my y500 the game use to lag heavily when I use to play on the batter?. Whats the size and watts of the charger?

Please confirm me with the above question as it would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot...:)

10. FSU Logan

FSU Logan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    iGPU is still disabled.

I am sure the rest is exactly the same