Ideapad Y510P

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MJG1492, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. androidman1990

androidman1990 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm the ram type (ddr3 or ddr3l) in the Fry's model and also whether it includes the bluray ultra bay?

2. MJG1492

MJG1492 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I really wish lenovo would get there act together. There mistakes on there website are unbelievable and inexcusable. The fact they still haven't fixed the 720m graphics card says a lot. I think it's safe to say anyone ordering from lenovo is taking a calculated risk. Let hope and pray once they get there U.S. factory up and running these mistakes stop. It's clear there factory in china simple doesn't care or orders are getting messed up in translation. Till there mistakes are corrected I advice anyone looking to buy this model to either buy from a big box store where they can read the box themselves or go with another manufacture.

3. ahmed2112

ahmed2112 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

ok .got it

can u give your review for this apps with the y510p ?

4. Albake21

Albake21 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Give me 10 minutes, i will open the back plate and check out if i have ddr3 or ddr3l. Also I bought the version for $1199 that does no include the bluray, so i cant give input on that.

5. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone run cpumark with the 4702mq? Curious to see how similar its performance is compared to the 4700

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

6. eriscentro

eriscentro Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone actually have a 4700? For those who think they do, confirm before saying yes!

7. panzer06

panzer06 His Imperial Majesty

Reputations:
    So far it's taken everything I can through at it on the highest or just under the highest settings, however, I only play stuff like Company of Heroes and COH2, SC2, Diablo 3, Torchlight II, AOE2, 3 & online, etc. Fans kick in on COH2 but its still BETA. Otherwise it's been pretty quiet.

No gaming on battery, just lagged like crazy because it disabled SLI and dowclocked everything. Not that I care since I don't really use it without being plugged in. So there's no chance you'll get 5 hours gaming on battery unless it's Windows Solitaire.

Cheers,

8. panzer06

panzer06 His Imperial Majesty

Reputations:
    I do, I only play games on it and it's never on battery so it really doesn't matter to me. I ordered mine from newegg.

9. Albake21

Albake21 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok so after taking out the RAM and looking up the serial number, it shows that it is a DDR3l form Samsung.

10. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Put it this way people, order a y510p knowing that your going to get a 4702mq possessor instead of a 4700mq, and just call them and demand a further discount. I'm mean its already been said that the performance difference isn't noticeable, plus it consumes less power and less heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.