Ideapad Y510P

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MJG1492, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcticreaver

arcticreaver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    while i'm not sure if i would be pissed or not, i do know however, that this is totally wrong. i remember getting the asus transformer prime tablet. the original specs said that it had a GPS in it. then they changed A-GPS and they took it completely off their website - like it never existed.

while the tablet was fine, i felt that i was totally cheated in the whole ordeal. i even reported it to engadget and they didn't even recognize this as even an issue. needless to say, i returned that POS for a full refund.

i expect to get what i paid for. if i paid for a 4700MQ then that is what i expected to get. anything else is not acceptable in my terms and nor should it even be tolerated.

i would probably ask for a discount and or get it exchanged. seeing how the sales rep that work with me was super nice, i will probably not end up returning the laptop. but still, this type of things, i just HATE!

2. 83baker83

83baker83 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    May I ask what model of the y510p you ordered in which you received the 4702MQ?

3. brushpicks11

brushpicks11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How do you check your warranty status. I got an email way back saying an account has been created with my email as the username but how do I know my password?

edit: nvm I figured it out. I had to hit forgot password and then just search the serial number of the warranty and it says 2 year depot

4. octiceps

octiceps Nimrod

Reputations:
    You have every right to be upset and I'd probably feel the same way. Unfortunately, this is just another in a long line of blunders and false advertisement by Lenovo with this laptop.

If you need every last ounce of CPU power for whatever reason then I'd return the system to get the correct CPU. Otherwise, I'd do some temperature tests on that 4702QM and see just how hot it gets. Use ThrottleStop to ensure that it is always running at the highest available Turbo bin and bench a CPU-demanding game (e.g. BF3 64-player multiplayer) or 3DMark 11. If the CPU doesn't get over 90C then that is very good. You should keep it if games are the most CPU-intensive thing you do. The loss of a few hundred MHz isn't going to be very noteiceable but the vast improvement in thermals will be. The 3632QM runs about 10-15C cooler on average than the 3630QM and I'd expect your case to be no different.

For comparison, my 3630QM goes past 90C in 3DMark 11 and shut down last week during BF3 because my room was like 90F and because some of the large maps with lots of players and destruction are murder on the CPU. I'd gladly trade a tiny loss in CPU performance for a lot less heat and not having to worry all the time about the laptop shutting down randomly.

5. baii

baii Sone

Reputations:
    Try to haggle a partial refund or warranty extend, it is not much but it is something. (Given that you have free time to pull up a chat or call). If this is just a entertainment PC(not full load straight for hours) , the little performance difference probably will not be noticeable.

6. anthli1895

anthli1895 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After running my laptop under normal usage, my battery lasted just a little bit more than 3 hours.

7. jaysonsd

jaysonsd Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Will do... on sunday. Out in Sacramento for the wknd. Was gonna check out the y510p at the frys here and the s just sold out :(

8. NYCadillac

NYCadillac Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Just got mine today and was sent a 4702 as well, let me know if Lenovo does anything to compensate you.

9. brushpicks11

brushpicks11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    These people that are getting 4702, maybe run a benchmark on them and compare scores to those that have already benchmarked the 4700 see if its worth keeping. Of course if anything you could complain to lenovo and get some money knocked off ur bill an then wait longer to receive the replacement.

I also looked at the comparison between the 3630 and 3632 and the former is much better when it comes to performance so I would definitely not keep the 4702's and just complain to lenovo to get some money back.

10. kryogenic

kryogenic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My shipping date just got pushed from the 15th to the 25th...
    I think lenovo is having some trouble putting these things out :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.