Ideapad Y510P

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MJG1492, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notsureifserious

notsureifserious Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the info. Thats a bummer :(

2. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    How soon do you think we'll be able to know if we can use Optimus?

3. anthli1895

anthli1895 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  4. kryogenic

kryogenic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got the base model with 1080 screen (no SSD, no SLI) for $879.

Here's the paraphrased chatlog: (I'm using the Canada store)
    Essentially, I contacted a sales rep and asked if I could customize one of their models (I was trying to switch the SSD out for 12GB RAM lol). The guy told me he couldn't do it, and offered me the $999 model with HD screen and 24GB SSD. I told him I didn't want the SSD, so he offered me the $1329 model: HD screen and no SSD (the 35% coupon isn't valid for that model, strangely). I told him I don't want that cause there's no discount, so he offered it to me for $879 if I bought right away (a whopping $450 off :eek:). Needless to say, I took the deal and it's shipping "on or before" the 15th. wooo! \o/

5. ddeez

ddeez Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Since you do not have the Y510P, I don't think it would be wise to state that there is no optimus and lead others to think the same if you don't know for sure. Please check the post I made a page or two back, a y510p owner was able (with screenshots) show that he was able to get the intel gpu running and it suggests that optimus may in fact possibly be enabled.

6. anthli1895

anthli1895 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I replied a while ago saying that I found that same exact thread you mentioned, also linking it, but apparently it never showed up...
    I was going to say that I take back what I said about there being no optimus. I think what I didn't seem to realize was the amount of review so far about this laptop, the majority had SLI. So I apologize for what I said earlier, misleading a couple of others, and correct myself by agreeing with optimus possibly being enabled.

7. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well it still remains to be seen, I mean running your system with the ultra bay open and empty is not exactly ideal just to have optimus support. Would be nice if some one with a single 750m and dvd drive combo can confirm this as well.

8. kryogenic

kryogenic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What was determined by those screenshots (http://forum.notebookreview.com/ide...uch-better-y510p-than-y500-2.html#post9229651) is that we're not sure whether Optimus is enabled or the GPU is underclocked when the computer is on battery, but performance is noticeably decreased.

9. Air tree

Air tree Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    damn it the y510p is sold out on newegg i hope it will come back in stock soon.

10. PhamQ

PhamQ Newbie

Reputations:
    I bought the single 750m, along with 8gb ram, 24gb ssd, and dvd. Order status says delivery date is tomorrow. I'd love to help, but I do not know how to go about to check for this "optimus".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.