Ideapad Y510P

Discussion in 'Lenovo' started by MJG1492, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brushpicks11

brushpicks11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As I agree with Sonu II also really need a good deal on this laptop being a broke college kid and all :^D I yahoo messaged you arcticreaver.

2. ameybhavsar

ameybhavsar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello Everyone,

I would like to know the power in watts for the charging adapter for the model y510p with dual graphics 750M SLI. Also gaming on battery lags or not...Is there any significant drop in fps...???

3. Kenstang

Kenstang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You mean you brokered a deal for the new Y510p? What price did you get it at? Can you let me know who to talk to to get the same deal? Thanks!

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums here so I wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

I have some questions on which Y500 model to get. I currently have the original Y500 with the GT650M. I still am able to return it and get a full refund. Is it worth just returning this model and getting the new Y510p?

My reasoning when I bought this lappy was to get a second 650M card and buy the 170 watt power supply. Unfortunately the 650m sli card is no longer anywhere to be found. I paid $650 for the system I have no from Lenovo outlet. Is it worth spending the 1200+ to just get the newer model with both cards and power supply included, as well as the benefit of having the Haswell architecture?

4. arcticreaver

arcticreaver Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    lenovo has a 21 return policy no re-stocking fee right? you should check your receipt for information. but since i think you purchase through outlet, maybe the policy is different.

5. Derek712

Derek712 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Just ordered the y510p from Newegg as I got an RMA for my Y500 from Lenovo. Price point is a wash except I'm losing 4GB of Ram(16GB to 12GB). I'm particularly interested in the "Anti-glare" screen which I think is a typo like the Y500 was. I'll be able to compare them before I ship the Y500 back(assuming I do), however I'm transferring a SSD from one to the other so it won't be side by side. Both models will have 750M SLI so I'll have equal specs except for ram and of course the CPU. If there's any specific requests that I should test for, let me know.

Also - does anyone know if mismatched ram is still slower than matched pairs or did Intel fix that issue. WTH did they make a model with an 8GB+4GB DIMM?

They are running a "special" and it's 30 days now. I got them to RMA mine and I'm 34 days after the order date. They did it because they took 2 weeks to get the laptop to me...

6. Kenstang

Kenstang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same here. I had originally ordered a new Y500, that model wasn't to my liking since it had the bad trackpad, so I returned it. I then ordered the same model on the refurb outlet, and with the problems I had with my order the first time I got this one at the outlet price with an additional 25% off. So now, they have this new one, and I still have until the end of this month to return this model, I already confirmed it with the rep and have an RMA on ready, they told me to just call when I want to return it and replace with another machine.

So what I am trying to find out is, is the new Y510p worth getting or just get a refurb Y500 with the 750m in it and buy the card seperately?

7. TheSonu

TheSonu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Holy crap Articreaver, you are a life saver!!! That guy was the best, and I can't believe that I got that freaking package as low as I did XD
    Can't wait until this baby ships haha

8. Albake21

Albake21 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What did you pay for it?

9. the_profesor

the_profesor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You should go to fry's with 3dmark 11 on a thumb drive and run it and see for sure. Problem solved.

10. TheSonu

TheSonu Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I got the Lenovo Y510p Dual Graphics model, a 2 year warranty, the Wireless Mouse N3903A(US&WE-Metal), and the Lenovo Sport Slimcase - Blue, all for freaking $1,119.67 USD due to some rad Education Bundle that apparently only this sales rep guy new about cuz nobody else even mentioned a package whatsover. Pretty crazy. Only downside is 2-week shipping, but I'll hold off on criticism with this deal XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.