i990K (delidded?) + RTX 2080, which venders XoticPC, Eurocom, HIDevolution, ...?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by D_Loa, Jul 11, 2019.

1. D_Loa

D_Loa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I am on the market for my first upgradeable performance laptop/portable desktop. My most demanding application will be VR, and flight sims, ...

Max budget up to mid-high 2000's (I do have Win10 Pro OS, spare SSDs and hybrid HDDs and can upgrade memory later on rather than through vendors).

System with:
    i9-9900k ideally, or 9700 to be upgraded later.
    RTX 2080

Will a delidded 9900K CPU will be worth the added fee to run cooler (not looking to OC, but aiming to keep everything cool and stable during long sessions)? (So far I noted Eurocom offers this option (Grizzly conductonaut, Rockit copper IHS).

What is the deal with G-Synch enabled for a fee (Eurocom $97) when specifying 144Hz display with an RTX 2080 card, which should both be G-Synch? Isn't G-Synch enabled in NVidia settings or it needs a hardware switch/part?

I only talked on the phone with Eurocom. Searching and comparing online I am at lost with choosing among the different vendors, which would be recommended and why? (They all seem to be using the same Clevo parts).
    Here are the ones that I looked at LPCdigital, HIDevolution, Eurocom, XoticPC, Gentech PC, ...

Thank you for your inputs and suggestions,
    D

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. D_Loa

D_Loa Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it possible to order the chassis directly from Clevo USA and build the portable desktop directly myself from spare parts, as I would my past few destops (i.e. adding RAM, SDD, wifi cards, ...)?
    The video I watched made me confident that it'd be fine and I'd know the quality of my thermal LM applications.

Thank you,
    D