I think this is mostly a hate apple thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Brenden Weaver, Mar 27, 2019.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yeah, that was my point. That functionality should be baked into iOS. sure put up a disclaimer if you do it, you are entering into "risk" but seriously.....We, as owners of these devices should be able to do things with them we want.

jclausius likes this.
  2. SusanS

SusanS Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'm an Apple/Mac neophyte. Other than my iPhone and iPad which I love, I have always used Windows computers. It's time for me to replace them, hopefully in a stepwise fashion. I was using a 14" Lenovo thinkpad (bought I think in 2014) at my office to do my Quickbooks, a proprietory database for medical charting and billing, plus the regular stuff--email, web browsing, photos, music, etc. With the pandemic, I moved my operation home, but I'm now working solely via telehealth, and have found the laptop (that also has some concerning power issues) way too small and not powerful enough to handle all of it. I switched to a seldom used Samsung AIO (bought around 2012) and i LOVE the screen size so much I don't see going back, even if I were to return to the office, I would do my paperwork and billing and database from home on a bigger screen. But the Samsung is already showing difficulty, too much delay, taking a half an hour or more to boot up, not powerful enough to handle all of it--being on a HIPAA compliant platform to do face to face telehealth all day, plus run the patient database and scheduler, and quickbooks plus email etc. I have thought for some time about making a switch to Apple/Mac as I have heard most users love them (?). The security and longevity and quality attracts me. So I'm looking at the new 2020 Mac Mini and a Macbook pro 16. But from what I read now is not the time to get the Macbook pro 16, as they are due for an upgrade, and since I have some time before I return to the office (if ever as I'm nearing retirement), it seems the logical place to start is with the desktop computer. Both my computers have touch screen which is nice for signing documents, but I also have an iPad if I could hook that up in absence of a touch screen on the computer. I have been looking on the "What Notebook Should I Buy" forum, and only one person has responded--mostly pushing the expensive Surface 3 so much so that it is beginning to feel odd. I have a first generation Surface I got around the same time I got the Samsung AIO, and it is OK, but not something I would buy again. Hated the keyboard. And it is way too small. I would love some feedback from Apple/Mac users about these ideas, including the fact that I use MS Office fairly often and have a ton of content I hope would transfer and still be able to use. Am I nuts to consider Apple/Mac now? If so, which direction should I look instead? Warning: I'm a Boomer who does a lot of computing but has a bunch of learning curve holes--like for example I don't know how to screenshot. I know. Don't laugh.

3. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    It sounds like you may want to create your own thread as this one has a different kind of focus

4. SusanS

SusanS Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks. I'm such a twit at this stuff.

5. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Its all good mate

Vasudev likes this.