I think this is mostly a hate apple thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Brenden Weaver, Mar 27, 2019.

1. KING19

KING19 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Its still bad though but you cant get away from it no matter how hard you try unless you move to Linux. That not the only problem with Windows 10 though.

Btw smartphones are even worse......

etern4l likes this.
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Again, the difference is, Apple crows about privacy, your data is your data, blah blah blah....but behind closed doors, and behind your back, They are skimming more information from you than the others, and the ordinary person just believes the apple hype train. At least with windows I know whats' happening and same with android.

I have no problems with windows 10 at all. Works great, its fast even on the devices I own with low ram count and it's reliable. I never had a BSOD since using 10, can't say the same for 7, xp, vista or ME....

3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Even Samsung has dedicated app for telemetry harvesting and rewards people. In Indian phones it's called Samsung Rewards or something similar along the line. I simply read their EULA and was terrified.

Papusan, saturnotaku, etern4l and 2 others like this.
  4. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Whoever is capable of moving to Linux, should - yes, I'm looking at myself too. I guess it's not for the faintest of heart on higher end laptops though. Still need to keep native Windows around too. Could be a good New Year resolution, or better yet - a festive project!

Aroc and jclausius like this.
  5. Vasudev

Reputations:
    If you got desktop Linux support is good. On a laptop, nvidia GPUs are crap. Drivers don't support fractional scaling and if you use it Linux greets you into login with black screen. That's why midrange Intel or AMD laptops work best in Linux with great battery life and performance. If you disable secure boot for linux you can undervolt Intel CPU using undervolt pip3 package and also Ryzen CPUs too using cmd line tool made by community or AMD.

6. etern4l

etern4l Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I don't recall any black screens on AW 15 R2, playing with Live USBs of a few popular distro, although obviously battery life would be poor with pure Nvidia drivers.
    I understand Optimus support is there too, although may not be available out of the box in every distro.

BTW what does Linux support on a Mac look like?

7. Vasudev

Reputations:
    By default Intel GPU is used that's why you don't see black screen on LiveCDs.
    For a Mac I don't know. Try Ubuntu Budgie 20.04 LTS.

etern4l likes this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    kojack and etern4l like this.
  9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    We should have the right to jailbreak our iPhones if we want. We should have the right to run apps from Cydia if we want. If I paid full price for my 11 it would mean I paid over 1000 dollars cdn. I should be able to do whatever I want with my phone. If I don't want to go playing and Jailbreak it's fine....but the option should be allowable. Time to fire some shots at apple again over this. Cydia is the first.
    I am going one more, I downloaded facer for my watch, it can only install pictures, not functioning watch faces. Time for apple to give that crap up too.

GrandesBollas and jclausius like this.
  10. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I absolutely agree with you. I have jailbroken my iphones in the past because I wanted functionality that was missing - copy/cut and paste is one example. The only downside is the fact that jailbreak required an OS exploit to make possible. Our phones have become our computers. We spend the money, we should have full say in terms of what we do with the software. If I want to have multiple app stores, we should be able to do so without subjecting ourselves to security risks. I hope this helps Epic Games.

jclausius likes this.