I think this is mostly a hate apple thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Brenden Weaver, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I totally get the hate for that filth. 100% get it. That's why I stopped allowing them update anything quite a few years ago. Those stupid bastards couldn't do things right if their lives depended on it. And, Windoze OS X "feature" updates are as worthless as the tits on a boar. I cannot identify one that matters... not even one... since 2015. Because they are incompetent imbeciles.

The only way to do it is lock things down and not allow any changes until you're darn good and ready for them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Terreos and Papusan like this.
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Their crappy updates history goes way back in history. Remember the Windows update buggy update that broke Aero and they never bothered to fix it even years after discovering it? You had to manually uninstall/disable that update to make Aero fully functional

You see, in normal people's heads, updates should be good right? Better features? security patches, better hardware support. I cannot remember a single update that made this piece of garbage of an OS any better! Not once.

I remember Windows 10 Build 10240 (Threshold 1) as much as we hated I back then, is 10x better than the mess we are at right now. It was faster, less telemetry, better hardware support coming from Windows 8, and it was much easier to tame, just a few tweaks and you're done. Now you're in for a roller coaster ride just to make this OS even usable.

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I am not sure if Dell is copying Apple, or if Apple is copying Dell. Same behavior.

@hmscott - just watched that video. Wow... just... wow. Crazy level of arrogance, indeed. Seeing how much he hated Clevo keyboards, Brother @Spartan really dodged a bullet getting the 16-inch model with a new "magic" keyboard design.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    New Entry-Level 13-inch MacBook Pro Customers Now Have to Pay Double the Price for Upgrading the RAM wccftech.com | Today

Customers Now Being Charged $200 Instead of $100 to Upgrade the RAM on the Entry-Level MacBook Pro
    Customers in the U.S. now have to pay $200 instead of $100 to upgrade the RAM from 8GB to 16GB on their MacBook Pro. The RAM upgrade features the same 2133MHz frequency, but more memory is always advantageous for running multiple applications or firing up programs that use up a lot of memory.

5. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    So, basically you'll have sheeple lining up and volunteering to be raped to the tune of a $200 bloodbath to add 8GB of 2133 RAM.

Stupid prices on stupid products for the people that are stupid enough to allow it. Not a new concept for the Cupertino Clown Posse. That's what they do. That is what their muppet customers let them do.

*yawn*
    *SHM*
    upload_2020-5-31_17-22-57.png

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Ashtrix, Vasudev, jclausius and 3 others like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Very hard to get Samsung modules unless you have lot of extra unwanted cash in India. Apple soldered RAM might be very very expensive in India.

7. Sentential

Sentential Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Making a cartoonish argument against Apple isn't helpful if you're trying to make a compelling point. As much as people howl about the "Apple Tax" I don't hear anything about all the ridiculously bad cheap Chinese **** like Lenovo take any where near this kind of heat. X1 Carbon and X1E are a joke, hell X1E has keyboard issues like the butterfly keyboards. Don't get me started on Dell either! The Alienware Area 51 is a joke and requires all kinds of fixes to keep from cooking itself to death but hey its up-gradable right...or is it? So applying that kind of logic unequally just makes you look like a hypocrite. The only people who are interested in buying some 1980s throwback like Clevo are people like us, not the general public.

Apple makes AIO type devices for people who do not want to know how the sausage is made only that it works. Try running an eGPU right now, I'll wait. Oh it requires a PCI.sys mod in Powershell? You really think the average user is going to use Powershell?

Oh and talk about the hovering sword of Damocles called forced Windows Update. How would you feel if you were a graduate student and have your PC blow out and lose everything from a botched update. Oh but you saved everything to OneDrive... oh wait that was bugged too and now its gone forever? Its cheaper to pay $200 than try and retake a semester or spend hours re-doing school/business work over. How is that hard to understand?

People are willing to pay a premium up front for good hardware that does not require any kind tinkering to run and I'd say roughly 8/10 laptops are no where near that. The closest thing to the "Apple Experience" you can buy is a business class workstation and in almost every case is *MORE* expensive than Apple. So how does that work exactly?

The only reason and I do mean THE ONLY REASON why I have a "laptop" and not another MBP is because I need specific windows hypervisor and coding applications that are difficult to run in OSX. Yes I could use bootcamp but I lose the custom power curves that make running a thin and light device like an MBP possible.

What did I buy? A Zbook and it cost the same as a MBP 16" **USED**

People need to hang up the dogma and start being pragmatic for use-case. Ive got a custom desktop gaming PC for me, a cheap prebuilt for RTX voice for my wife's office. Iphone XRs for the kids since they're young and can operate the facial recognition but not the key pad unlock. 13" MBP for my mother-in-law on disability and a MBP 15" for my wife because she wanted a bigger screen. Now I'm about to buy a Chromebook for the oldest.

This isn't a gang war lol

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    saturnotaku likes this.
  8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I agree with the choice of ios devices. They work, have years and years of updates, so you get your moneys worth. Macbook however are another story. Right from new you get previous generation hardware, tied into a subpar software ecosystem, and the build quality has gone the way of the dodo bird with Apple too. At least with a windows based you get your moneys worth with a robust reliable system.

Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Wrong.

Capture.PNG

10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Right.

That macbook was released last month. May 7th. The 10th gen chip was released in may 2019. The new devices moving forward are all going to have new chipsets and the Macbook won't be upgraded for 2 years at least using they current cycle.

Mr. Fox likes this.