I think this is mostly a hate apple thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Brenden Weaver, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Richard Zheng

Richard Zheng Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You mean the RX 580X pro?

hmscott likes this.
  2. Rodster

Rodster Merica

Reputations:
    I was thinking something in the Quadro series. Not the Quadro RTX 8000 as that's fetching in the neighborhood of $5700 with 48GB of VRAM.

The Quadro P4000 is in the $800 range and the Quadro K6000 is in the $1300 range. Mac users have been clamoring for an Nvidia solution but Apple for some reason has had a fallout with them and they are just using AMD Radeon.

3. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Any higher? Becuse we can!
    [​IMG]

Apple Sells 16GB RAM for $400 – Almost 700% Higher Price Than Other OEMs
    upload_2019-12-3_9-4-7.png
    Memory prices had exploded back in 2018, due to cryptocurrency mining. At their peak, 16GB DDR4 memory modules cost an average of $200. To put things into perspective, even those high prices are half of what Apple charges in 2019, despite RAM prices being the lowest they have ever been. Apple continues charging so much money just because they can, not because they should.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    jclausius and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Makes the highway robbery of companies like Dell seem like a bargain. But, Apple has never sold anything for a reasonable price. There is a flawed perception of quality based on an inflated price tag among the devoted. But, paying more to get less is popular with Alienware fans, too. You're essentially paying extra for admission to a pop culture cult/clique.

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  6. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Many Acura/Honda, Lexus/Toyota, Infiniti/Nissan, and Audi/Volkswagen vehicles are fundamentally the same products. They share parts and get you to the same places at the same speeds. Yet hundreds of thousands happily pay the often thousands to tens of thousands of dollars more for the upscale brands, myself included. Why? Because while the luxury brands do offer some features and technology you can't get on mainstream products, the purchase and after-sales experiences are, for the most part, vastly superior. They will go above and beyond in order to keep customers happy because it's far more difficult to keep customers who have the money to buy whatever they want than those who don't. Below is a perfect example and far from the only one where Apple has performed a similar service.

Mr. Fox and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    But, that doesn't explain the basis for having your eyes gouged out with ludicrous overpricing of completely ordinary service components. Paying for a brand isn't the same as being shafted on the price of parts. Only a silly person that doesn't appreciate the value of money earned the hard way would pay double for new tires or an oil change just to be able to say they had it done at a specific shop. There is nothing magical about the tires, or the oil and filter. You get nothing but screwed in that scenario. You can pay for the services of a call girl, but the delivery of those services doesn't mean she really loves you, even if she says she does.

If you need service or warranty fulfillment, it's certainly nice to have it delivered in a hassle-free way. I think every person expects (and deserves) that no matter how much or how little they paid for a product. Service delivery should be (and usually is) a reflection of the core values of a company and employees that do the right thing. Employees believing in the product they sell/service comes into play on the service side. Service is about the people, not the product. But, good service doesn't make the product any better. Some super expensive products are unreliable and have a list of flaws as long as your leg. Some inexpensive products have few flaws.

At the end of the day, people are going to spend their money however they want to. I'm OK with that. It's their money. We certainly don't (or shouldn't) hate them because of it. No skin off of my nose. But, I also think identifying the flaws in their logic is legitimate and having it questioned should be expected.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    0lok, Papusan and Vasudev like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Yeah, we're surrounded by this kind of thing across every industry. Every company makes or sells flawed products. Some are "better" at it than others. But, nothing is ever perfect and we live in a litigious world where everyone is looking for an opportunity to get rich off of people and companies that are incompetent and/or don't take ownership of their mistakes. The only entities that typically benefit are the attorneys. Everyone else pays for it, either directly or indirectly.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    0lok, hmscott and Papusan like this.
  9. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    I'm sure Apple will walk a long way helping people when they know they can charge their loyal customers up to 700% Higher Prices than what the product is worth... This is equal a never empty Goldmine...
    [​IMG]

And they will charge you the same next time you visit their store/webstore. Many will swap their machines after 3 years usage. This means 3 times robbed within a 10 years period:vbbiggrin:

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    OR, for someone like me, it could be the result of being sick and tired of Microsoft, their telemetry, their buggy updates, their stupid driver incompatibilities with every new build which is like every 6 months. This coming from someone who knows how to tame Windows 10 inside out, I can do it, and easily, but it is time consuming and I'm SICK and tired of it. I would pay for my time for something that "just works" out of the box with no drivers needed to be installed, no tweaks, switching off telemetry is just 2 clicks away (Settings > Privacy). Heck I don't even have Microsoft Office on my MBP, just using the built in iWorks which is enough for my basic needs (editing my resume and whatnot).