I think this is mostly a hate apple thread.

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Brenden Weaver, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Brenden Weaver

Brenden Weaver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Everytime I look to read issues people are having I just see a lot of hate posted. I hate them too but still respect them (even after the 2011 gpu crap they pulled..) Now here is hoping my daughters 2017 mbp keyboard doesn't give out.
    I would love to read more about problems being solved than just youtube videos I already seen linked here.

hmscott likes this.
  2. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    If you post a specific problem or issue you're having, you will usually get some help. Some bash Apple, but it is a love/hate relationship. I've used the 2016, 2017 and now a 2018 (i9) Macbook Pro 15 for work and I am not a huge fan of the keyboard. When it is docked (where it spends 80% of its life), it's a non issue, but on the go I take a portable BT keyboard with me and maybe only ~5% of the time do I actually have to use the built in keyboard. I can make it work, but I prefer other keyboards.

hmscott likes this.
  3. Brenden Weaver

Brenden Weaver Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Right.. just not a lot of new content lately.

hmscott likes this.
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    the main issue I have with apple computers, is they are stuck in the early 2000s. They are form over function. They need to move into the present with an updated MacOS. They need two in one offerings, REAL TOUCH, not some hackjob touch bar, and they need to make their devices reliable. At this point you are almost guaranteed to have failures of hardware with a MacBook/mac. The screens cracking, not covered, the keyboards failing (just issued an "apology" and now are fixing them) after a year of constant complaints and customers leaving the platform. It's hard to recommend apple or get excited over a new MacBook, when nothing has changed except the overall lack of reliability. I paid 599 dollars for my 13 in dell 2 in 1, and it's better than my son's MacBook air. I am using apple for my portable devices (iPhone, ipad). I really like them better than the competition. However, I think I am going to move my ipad 2018 to my wife's device, and I am going to get a 128gb surface go LTE to replace it. I really only use the browser on it, and the apps I do use have UWP apps and great webpages. The overall useage of the ipad is lessened now since most websites are developed for smaller screens now as well.

That should be pwa apps. Not uwp.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  5. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    @kojack You hit the nail on the head with form over function. I understand thin and light, but there has to be a point where they prioritize performance and then maximize the form around that parameter. The Macbooks I've used are....ok. My main gripe is the keyboard this time around even moreso than performance which is telling.

I'm not asking for the world, but adding half an inch and a pound would do wonders for them as a start.

Their next MacPro would do well to lean more towards the cheese grater and not the cylinder fail.

Brenden Weaver and kojack like this.