I need your Suggestion to buy best Notebook Screen!

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Haider92, Mar 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haider92

Haider92 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

I spend long time to write this thread because I’m from IRAQ and this is not my native language so I’m sorry about mistake in spelling and grammars and if I want to buy laptop I’ll but it from USA Amazon or Newegg or the same company website with configurable option, Then I’ll use my Postal box by forwarding service in USA to ship the laptop to IRAQ via DHL or Fedex and this will cost me extra charge up to 200 $ so please any member have an experience I wish that he give me some of his time to read this thread and share his idea because I thing I need your help more than other in this other members in this forum who living in USA,

I'm thinking to buy notebook with first class screen

screen size 17.3"

I watch a lots of YouTube review and read many article and review from difference website, Also I read best Notebook Display from Notebookcheck.net

http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebook-Displays-As-Reviewed-By-Notebookcheck.120541.0.html

There are 7 options available

HP ZBook 17 G2 (first place in list but now we are in 2016 and I want to know the difference between G2 and the new G3)

Schenker XMG U726 (this one over killing expensive, more expensive than G3 with 4k display!)

Schenker XMG U716 (this one is also expensive and not like the U726)

HP ProBook 470 G3 (great one but 2 core CPU)

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (Great one also but with little problem as what Notebookcheck explain)

MSI GT72S (good display but not what I want)

Asus G752VY (good display and it's for gaming and not the best display)

Schenker XMG U705 (good display and it's for gaming and not the best display)

I don’t care if the screen mate or glossy most of all this laptop comes with mate screen you might see mate screen with no problem like light beam or cloud in black color generation and the glossy screen come with this problem also you might see mate screen come with these problem and glossy not, also some mate screen is better than glossy in color deep and vise versa so I don’t care because I want the perfect screen and some time we see that in semi mate like ZBook series from HP,

Don’t forget PWM, I hate it so much

I need the laptop new with 8 G.B DDR4 ram at least also intel 6th gen CPU

New not used or Refurbished

Screen type IPS for accurate color and resolution Full HD 1080p

SSD or HDD (I don’t care I can upgrade in the future most of have M.2 slot to use PCIe SSD)

I have couple of question

Why some time we see difference laptop from difference company or from the same company with the same Screen Panel from LG or any other company but provide difference performance and results of Screen testing in Notebookcheck why? Both have the same panel as example

Schenker XMG U726

have the same panel which found in

Schenker XMG U716

It’s AU B173ZAN01.0 (AUO109B), IPS, UHD, glossy: no

But we see difference performance in screen and the better model is

Schenker XMG U726

What I don’t understand it is the motherboard of laptop make that difference till the two laptop use the same panel?

Also Acer Aspire V Nitro Black Edition VN7-792G-74Q4

use the same panel like

Also Acer Aspire V core i5 edition

And it’s AUO B173HAN01_0

But when Notebookcheck make the review to core i5 edition the editor say the screen is very good but the brightness is not high 255 (this is my opinion I don’t know may be the company read the review and make the black edition with higher brightness)

And in the black edition of ACER laptop the brightness become higher but problem found in the screen so the core I5 edition is better even they have the same panel

I can conclude from this that all the laptop use the same screen panel have difference brightness level and the brightness level might make this difference between laptop with the same screen panel, I have the prove if you check the review of

Schenker XMG U726 and Schenker XMG U716

You will see the same screen panel in these Two laptop but the performance is difference and the brightness level is difference

The model Schenker XMG U726 have

Brightness Center:330

Brightness Average: 327

While the model Schenker XMG U716

Brightness Center:374

Brightness Average: 356

And of course the U726 even with lower brightness level but provide better performance screen and it’s rated third in the Notebookcheck list

Is that mean the screen driver in the motherboard which control the brightness level make this difference in the screen test even the panel type and model used is the same?

Let’s back to laptop choice

This laptop is amazing in screen HP ProBook 470 G3 (Core i7-6500U, Radeon R7 M340)

But it’s come with 2 core CPU and ddr3 ram

I’m thinking in ACER Nitro VN7 it’s come with I7 6700HQ and DDR4 ran but the screen performance is not like HP 470 G3, I’m thinking to but ACER and buy the panel from AUO which used in HP G3 and install it on the ACER laptop but I can’t guarantee that I will have the same performance of HP screen in Acer laptop and It’s not easy to find this panel in trusted online seller, so I leave this idea

Because of that know I’m thinking in HP ZBook 17 G3 with 17.3” Full HD IPS UWVA screen but I Don’t know if this screen is DreamColor or not and will it provide performance like the one used in G2 model which ranked as the best Laptop screen in Notebookcheck list

The laptop with I7 6700HQ and 16 G.B DDR4 2 DIMM ram and the 1080P UWVA screen with GPU Quadro M1000M 2GB DDR5 will cost me about 2K $ but I’m thinking in laptop for very long use, I write this thread using my laptop which I own it since 2010 it’s Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 it’s come with 16” 1366 x768 screen and I don’t see any problem with it but the hardware become old and I need some software require I7 power not CAD software or gaming so if I Buy the G3 with 2K $ budget I’ll use it till it become unable to use, 7 or 10 year I don’t care and I believe ZBook quality is the Best,

In this point I become confuse of screen size because I can’t find the perfect 17.3” laptop screen, I decide to see if the 15.6” provide some good screen

I have question about screen size for those who use 15.6 and 17.3 will 15.6 be safe for eye, and is I’s enough I use my Toshiba 16” and the distance between me and the laptop screen is 28 inch, I am very keen on the safety of my eyes by taking the right distance between the laptop screen which 28" and Adjust the screen brightness to suit the room lighting.

I’ll wait the review for Notebook 9 pro (15.6” LED UHD / Core™ i7)

To see if it will have the perfect screen and solve my problem toward finding the perfect laptop screen I’s come with i7 (2 or 4 core I don’t know) and DDR3 on-board with Samsung screen

I believe Samsung is best screen manufacture and if they want to make good screen the will, if the review of this laptop show the screen is not the best then HP ZBook G3 will be my last hope,

Maybe some people will suggest to me Dell precision series with glossy display if it’s contain good display so why we don’t see it in Notebookcheck list?

So for those who read all my thread can they tell me about the

1- The reason of difference screen performance in laptop with the same panel and does my explain and conclusion about this difference is right?

2- Their opinion about HP 470 G3 and Acer Nitro VN17

3- Why 4K DreamColor Display in not available in HP ZBook 17 G3 configurable and is 1080P IPS UWVA screen is DreamColor?

4- Their opinion about HP ZBook 17 G3

5- Their opinion about 15.6” and 17.3” screen

Al last no least I’m sorry for this long thread I wish I could explain all my problem and thought clearly, thanks a lots for everyone sharing his acknowledge and experience in this website,

Kind Regards,

2. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Well, if that ZBook has the DreamColor display, it's hands-down the best display option out there in your list, by a long shot. You could also check out Dell's Precision models with the PremierColor displays (similar to HP's DreamColor).

Haider92 likes this.
  3. Haider92

Reputations:
  4. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    For PWM to be eliminated you get to live with CCFL backlighting. Which means you get to choose from pre Core I processors. No other choice. The HP ZBook 17 is NOT 4K because it is made for the needs of Creative Professionals who create content, rather than consume content, it is not built for content consumption. There is no laptop made which meets all your criteria, the no PWM requirement means 8-9 year old machines often as not. And means you with few exceptions get single core processors, 4 GB RAM limits, and XGA resolution. Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Haider92 likes this.
  5. Haider92

Reputations:
    Kent T thanks for reply, I don't understand what kind of laptop that you suggest to me,I don't choice 4K panel in HP ZBook i mean is the 1080p UWVA will be DreamColor, I know DreamColor is Professional display type with true color but when the display become professional you will ensure that the color is very accurate and image is sharp and crisp with no problem or fogs,

in this situation what is your you suggest

HP ProBook 470 G3 17.3" Notebook - Intel Core i7 i7-6500U Dual-core (2 Core) 2.50 GHz T6D90UT#ABA
    HP price $954.27 in Amazon.com

or

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-792G-79LX 17.3-inch Full HD Notebook (Windows 10)
    ACER price $949.99 in Amazon

so what is your suggestion is the difference in screen is high or not?

Tape4backup thanks for reply, but this laptop 15.6 i don't have desktop and i use the laptop in my home or work and have no problem with weight i see 17.3" is perfect size for serious kind of work.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  6. tijo

tijo Sacred Blame Super Moderator

Reputations:
    The review you linked to for the Precision 7710 is with the 1920x1080 display, not the higher end one that is 3840x2160 which will have better color accuracy and contrast.

The DreamColor IPS display in the ZBook G2 is RGB LED backlit rather than WLED backlit (if you aren't sure what it means, you can look it up), has 100% aRGB color accuracy as well as 10-bit per primary color rather than 8-bit per primary. Also, not every 1920x1080 display in a ZBook will be DreamColor HP always has multiple configuration options for those as far as the display is concerned and there is usually another 1920x1080 option that isn't DreamColor. Make sure you read the descriptions carefully.

The 4K displays in the new Dell Precisions is only 8-bit per primary, but they do have ~100 %aRGB gamut. The one in my XPS 15 does at least (from my own testing with a Spyder 4 Pro), the display in the 7710 is also a 4K IGZO made by Sharp like the one in the XPS 15 and therefore should have similar specs.

The other thing is that notebookcheck will only put the displays they've actually reviewed and may or may not include everything that has been reviewed in the list either, it's a good place to start with, but sometimes it's worth reading individual reviews too. Also make sure to check what is the actual display that was reviewed as some notebooks have multiple options and some of those may be better than others.

That HP ProBook definitely doesn't have a Dreamcolor displayu option, a DreamColor display in a ZBook is usually a 300-400$ upgrade for the display alone.

Haider92 likes this.
  7. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    To get NO PWM, your choices are virtually antique laptops. A few Core 2 Duo machines at newest. PWM is a fact of life if you want a modern machine. What work are you doing?

Haider92 likes this.
  8. Haider92

Reputations:
    Kent T, I read in this page

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/zbook-15.html

Optional
    DreamColor UHD
    or
    FHD touch
    displays

what is that mean is that mean the DreamColor in only avaliable in 4K Panel and 1080p UWVA in normal IPS panel?
    if that's true and I'm waiting the review of ZBook 17 G3 1080p then I'll stop thinking in buy ZBook.

Programming, use some engineering software, reading book, reading articles, browse internet, watch movies, spend 8 Hours per day using my laptop

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  9. Haider92

Reputations:
    thanks tijo for this explain,

I know ProBook doesn't have a DreamColor Display but I choice it because the review way I'ts Display is one of the best HP Laptop Display and 17.3' Display,

10. Jarhead

Jarhead 恋の♡アカサタナ

Reputations:
    Hmm, I spend a similar amount of time doing similar sort of activities and have no issues with any of my computers' displays. But yeah, if you want to avoid PWM then your choices are very limited.

The DreamColor display in the ZBook 17 is far, far better than the one in the Probook...

Haider92 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.