I Need Larger CPU Casing for Old Computer

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by adbas, Jun 11, 2021.

1. adbas

adbas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need larger desktop CPU casing for my old computer. The purpose is for gaming. I can't use my graphic card because it's not fit to the default casing. The computer is Lenovo ThinkCentre with system model of 0830CTO and E7500 2.93 GHz Core 2 Duo processor . I browsed on the internet and had a difficulty to find the casing. Maybe anyone here can help me finding the casing. Thanks you for your help.

2. Tech Junky

Tech Junky Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/

Depending on what you're looking for I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX with a tempered glass panel on one side sitting around that will fit almost anything you throw at it. I used it for a little while with all of the card slots filled with various cards / dual GPU's. It has tons of room for cards / 3.5" drives / fans up to 5 of them.

3. adbas

Reputations:
    Is there available any cheap one? Perhaps under US$30.

4. Tech Junky

Reputations:
    Go to pcpartpicker and search.... if you want something for $30 your best bet is ebay or craigslist. I'm assuming you're just needing an ATX case to move everything over from your existing to a new one. There's ton of options out there to meet every need.

5. Tech Junky

Reputations:
    go to PCP and select your video card first and then go into the cases for options that will fit the card. For the most part any ATX case will fit most video cards as they tend to not design them for anything that would require an eATX case. When you go down to a mATX though sizing is more important and an ITX requires a really small card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. adbas

Reputations:
    What is PCP?

7. adbas

Reputations:
    Are all above-mentioned casings is dedicated and fit for Lenovo ThinkCentre with system model of 0830CTO?

8. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Computers like that typically have proprietary motherboards and back plates. It's extremely unlikely that any standard PC case will work with it.

9. Tech Junky

Reputations:
  10. adbas

Reputations:
    What is back plates? Please show me an example by an image. This is what I am so afraid of, I don't know if the dimension of the new casing is fit with my motherboard (for example, the distance between the place/position/location of the motherboard's screw).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021