I Need File Sync Between Two Computers Suggestions (PC Win10)

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by therock, Jan 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. therock

therock Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I would like to hear some options on this?
    I have a Laptop (Win10 Home) and Desktop (Win10 Pro) I would like to keep common user files in sync but do not want to use a pay service or cloud storage.

There would be no need to sync remotely as the laptop rarely leaved the home but don't rule it out if remotely is between the Den PC and the Couch Laptop :).

I see free stuff out there but I know nothing is really free and don't trust them.
    I don't mind paying for software that will do it automatically over a connection without data mining me.

I also have a 1TB 2.5" HDD in a USB 3.0 enclosure. Both computers have 1TB SSD drives.

Thanks

2. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
  3. therock

Reputations:
    Thanks. I am reading MS has not supported it in years and some complain about the reliability on Win10. But its on my list.

alexhawker likes this.
  4. StormJumper

StormJumper Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sync software are not free for those that work so if you want them you will have to pay for them. There is no free lunch here to be had. Your only other options is something like MediaFire for Uploading your data to and from Home downloading from. But for a reliable Sync software if they have them you will have pay to use them.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    I use SyncBackPro (they have a free version also which does the job) to mirror files from my laptop to my external HDD, I say mirror and not backup as mirror means whatever I delete on my laptops also gets deleted on the external USB so they are a 100% replica

You can then use that same tool to sync files back from your external HDD to your computer.

If you're not able to figure out how to do it, lemme know and I can guide you more

therock likes this.
  6. therock

Reputations:
    Thanks