I love my wireless

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Accendo, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo

Accendo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm sitting in a McDonald's in Rudesheim, outside Frankfurt (Germany) with my Fujitsu Lifebook s6120d2--a long way from my home in Canada. But I'm hooked up to e-mail and Internet, thanks to this great little machine and the wonderful folks at McD's, who provide a good connection at no charge. This is my first trip abroad with a wireless notebook and I love it. No more hunting for hotels with high speed connections and paying astronomical sums for the priviledge of using it. No more visiting Internet cafes and paying astronomical sums for 10 minutes at a terminal.

God bless the Japanese for building this computer, and God bless America for creating McDonalds.

2. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Wait a minute. You're in germany, home of the sausage, fried pork and great beer, and you're at McD's?!? LOL

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

3. Accendo

Accendo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    LOL. Yes, well, we had our share of beer and sausage earlier in the day. Only so much of that a person can consume in one day. And the sausage stand wasn't offering free wireless. :)

Now if I could just find a sports bar that shows the NHL playoffs I'd be set. Maybe in Prague next weekend.

4. d-roC

d-roC Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have to say that I enjy being wireless too; sitting in bed while visiting NR or BargainPDA is quite fun when you are about to fall asleep.

Dell Inspiron 600m + PalmOne Zire71 + Sony-Ericsson T616 = Mobile Computer Consultant and Website Designer

5. Big Calhoun

Big Calhoun Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nothing gets more onlookers than video conferenceing, over WiFI, at a payphone.

6. Run1track

Run1track Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey Accendo, what are your thoughts on the S6120?

7. vai

vai Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    WiFi is great in airports! Especially during short flight transits or flight delays [:D]

8. Accendo

Accendo Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Run1track

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.