I love intel!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kojack, Mar 18, 2021.

1. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  2. GrandesBollas

GrandesBollas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wonder if Intel is headed for a collision with Apple over the use of TSMC. Unless Apple buys out TSMC altogether, TSMC will be in an enviable position of calling the shots (aka, prices).

3. iMbaQ

iMbaQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    How anyone can love Intel baffles me. Not even Intel love themselves.

4. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    At the same time meanwhile Intel is proclaiming that no one uses cinebench and benchmarks are things no cares about

5. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Besides a scattered few, they are correct. I would say 99 percent of pc users don't care about benchmarking etc. They turn their computers on, do their work, etc and enjoy life. They don't care that a ryzen benched 3 percent better than their intel chip. They don't care M1 benches 1 percent better than their intel in single core benching. They use their computers, and that is all. So, they are NOT wrong.

The normal user cares about the software running correctly, and being available on their pc. They care that they don't have to go buy extra dongles just to make all their PC gear work with their machine, they care that they get things done. It's only the scattered few in places like these that get bent over benchmarking.

6. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Which isnt the point, you are talking about Apple and cherry picking, when Intel does the same thing to the point where they feel the need to actively redefine what a benchmark is so in order to skirt having it called cherry picking :)

saturnotaku likes this.
  7. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Apple, Intel, Microsfot, Google or whatever, I hate such ads. Don't dis on other, because there will be morons which will hold it as a truth. Apple vs. PC is the best example.

8. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I wholeheartedly agree. But in this case apple fired the first shot with the "i'm a PC" nonsense and totally baseless charts and claims at their M1 jerksesh.

9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Companies have been slinging mud since time immemorial, hardly anything new.

Papusan likes this.
  10. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Agreed. What's funny is that apple brought out the PC guy at their jerksesh and all apple fans were fine, as soon as intel does it back, they get thier green panties in a bunch over it calling intel immature blah blah blah. Too funny. But oh so typical of apple lemmings.