I dismantled the Razer Blade battery - take a look

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Sumanji, Dec 18, 2017.

1. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    A. It was a brand new battery.
    B. The battery destroyed the mouse.
    A good cs team would have at least offered a replacement battery (as this battery was in warranty) if not also a replacement mouse.... See below:

mamba battery.PNG mamba battery expansion.jpg
    reply abt mouse.PNG

Vasudev and ThatOldGuy like this.
  2. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I have also chatted with one of the SBUI/Razer Devs online. He developed for the SBUI but was never actually owned a Blade Pro or Deathstalker ultimate.

Sort of makes it difficult to write code when you don't have access to the product it's going to run on. Pretty counter-intuitive.....

I may have copies of some of the apps devs created but were never released by razer for the SBUI and were 'lost' when the forum closed. If anyone wants copies, hmu and I'll try to to dig em up. One if the apps actually had bf3 integration. Another I think worked with VLC player.

Anyways, I still got a brand new replacement blade pro 2013 sitting in a box. Never even set the thing up. Was too frustrated and had switched over to a gt80s.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    rinneh, hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  3. guillaumeiii

guillaumeiii Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Sumanji and all,

Just saw this thread by chance. I also have a Razer Blade 14 from 2013, and its battery was pretty weared. I bought a new one a few months ago from this website for around 90 euros (the price seems to have dropped since).
    http://www.battery-store.eu/laptopcomputer/1004078.htm

Took about a month to arrive, great quality, no issues (yet?), 70000 mWh.
    VERY happy about it as I now have a ~5-6 hours battery for Office/web browsing, compared to the bad readings and 2 hours from my old battery.

Definitely worth it if you want to give you Razer Blade a new youth. My now nearly 5 years-old machine still rocks solid for regular use or games like Civ, OW, Total War etc. With its new battery, don't even know if I should change in the near future ...

Hope it helps. Regards,

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thought I'd chime in and say that I also had quality issues with the OG Mamba. The battery in mine didn't explode, but it expanded enough for the battery tray to pop out and fall off. The mouse had almost exclusively been used in wired mode, and when the incident happened, the warranty had run out by mere days. The RMB also wore out prematurely, needing several clicks to register and having virtually no feedback. Bought a Roccat Kone XTD as a replacement, and it's built like a tank in comparison, so I still use it today.

5. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Switched to a Roccat Kone XTD as well after 2 deathadders prematurely dying. The Kone XTD is already going strong for 5 years now......

Vasudev and Convel like this.
  6. doofus99

doofus99 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    These flat battery packs are sold en masse on ebay and on Hobbyking amongst others. Even if you buy one of the more preium models they still suffer with bad "cells", typically in my case the fist and the last on 6 cell packs (3700mAh each). One theory why it was happening was the excess heat used to solder the very thick leads onto the first and last cells whereas the interconnecting tabs were welded at the factory. You cannot easily solder on those tabs because they suck the heat like no other and you need excessive heat which probably degrades the first and last cells. If you buy the cells individually and try to put them together at home you may then also ruin them as well.

I would advise extreme caution when messing with these cells the tabs are relatively close together and when stacking them it is easy to accidentally short them or have them the wrong way! There is little internal resistance in these cells and any short will easily melt the wires or worse.

And if they appear swollen and soft they need to be disposed of too.

Vasudev likes this.