I dismantled the Razer Blade battery - take a look

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Sumanji, Dec 18, 2017.

1. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Reports of posts getting deleted on the Razer forums have been coming in for a long time, years, and so I suggest they all post their photo's and details in forums that cater to Razer outside of the Razer corporate forums, as many of those places as possible.

Also, complain to the Better Business Bureau (or foreign equivalent) in the company's headquarters state, and in the owners state / country.

The BBB is also a good resource to find recourse and remedies available to you, as well as company information:

Razer USA Ltd
    https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-reviews/computer-parts/razer-usa-ltd-in-irvine-ca-23002547

It's also a good place to check out a new business *before* doing business. :)

Customer Complaints Summary
    117 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 47 closed in last 12 months
    https://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-r...omplaints?section=reviews&reviewtype=negative

Razer is nothing but a disappointment for so many...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    ThatOldGuy likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thought of buying Razer but due to insufficient funds I went with AW.

mason2smart and ThatOldGuy like this.
  3. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Its all because of their tight marketing, its so out there that people keep believing that their products are excellent and that the issues are one off. Their control on their message boards is helping this view. Also they do not sell a lot of units compared to other brands.

mason2smart and ThatOldGuy like this.
  4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I never seen any problems listed in their forums aside from NBR forums.

mason2smart likes this.
  5. ThatOldGuy

ThatOldGuy Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Razer on Reddit is littered with problems

mason2smart, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  6. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I meant their home site's forum where I see the problems listed and next day they're gone or deleted or even locked.

ThatOldGuy likes this.
  7. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thats because they delete it quickly. I had issues with other razer products. Posted it on their forum. It got deleted within a few hours and got banned from the forum.

ThatOldGuy, mason2smart and Vasudev like this.
  8. mason2smart

mason2smart Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Decision to ban people may have partially originated from me dumping video after video of issues with the Razer Blade Pro to the original Razer SBUI Dev Forums :p which anyone could join. It prob. affected laptop sales...

They eventually banned me and then within a month or so closed the forum down saying it was undergoing renovation and would be back up within a few weeks. Forum never went back up. Asked 6 months later, got same half-witted, pre-scripted answers. All ads on their site relating to the promise of continual software development and support for SBUI were taken down.

Oh and they once tried to charge me for repairs that I told they were going to cover, and my laptop was held by them for almost a month. If I had to pay I would have also had to pay for them to store my laptop for a month which would have been like $3 a day or something crazy like that. Complete ripoff. What company tries to charge users to repair a year+ old laptop they said they would repair for free and also charges for storage of the unit? (I had so many issues I was getting replacements for replacements for replacements which ended up with me stringing along replacement ~60 day warranties for an additional year) and sends them a bill for ~ $1700? I could have bought a more powerful and dependable computer (Alienware, Clevo, MSI, etc) for that price. No repair, or even completely new motherboard should ever cost ~$1700 -- It had only 8gb Transcend ram, an oem 500gb ssd, and a 765m for crying out loud. Shouldn't have been quoted more than $500 max.

And one time I sent it in they were logged in and playing TF2 on my steam account!

Vasudev and ThatOldGuy like this.
  9. mason2smart

Reputations:
    razer.PNG

From my experiences, i'm pretty sure they usually don't test components. Most of the time they know its probably some software glitch, so they wipe it and send it right back to you.

I was on the phone once with a tech from Razer who actually tried to reproduce my issue and he completely fried the keyboard on his test unit Razer Blade Pro. Turned out it didn't update or flash firmware right or something and the testing unit died.

Vasudev likes this.
  10. mason2smart

Reputations:
    They also had a habit of blaming software issues on the Windows OS when mostly it due to horrible and incompatible driver/software support.

razer2.PNG

They even once told me I had two operating systems installed which was causing issues. I never dual-booted my blade pro or ran anything other than the stock windows 8/8.1/10 it came with.

Dead on arrival battery issue and PSU clicking (video): https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ANS4brzE6x9iq08&cid=E911393877AD0EE3&id=E911393877AD0EE3!320341&parId=E911393877AD0EE3!134178&o=OneUp

I have like an entire folder in my Onedrive devoted for razer bugs. So many videos and bugs I cant keep track of where they all are, strewn about throughout my Onedrive. lol.

Honestly despite ALL the problems I had, I still loved my blade pro 2013. When it worked it was amazing and the SBUI was awesome. It did, however, eventually get to the point where the laptop was just embarrassing. My friends started calling it the "$3K Paperweight", which is essentially what it became. Honestly, Razer, no matter how cool your products might look its never good PR if they don't work or fail publicly (eg. at a robotics tournament in front of several hundred spectators).
    Was it worth $3.3K? Definitely not.
    Would I buy again if price was reduced to reflect performance and reliability? Yes. But, like any future Razer Product I buy (if I ever do buy one), I wouldn't treat it as anything but a novelty with the expectation of failure/issues. I would use mostly another laptop or tablet I could rely on.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Vasudev and ThatOldGuy like this.