I am going to get mad with Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by kenny1999, Oct 28, 2017.

1. kenny1999

kenny1999 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    A few days ago I sent an important instruction to my colleague workers with Yahoo email ,
    I was very careful and I remember clearly that I entered his email address as the recipient
    while CC my email as well.

Today my partner informed me that he did not get my mail and problems happen because of that,
    I was shocked to find that
    it did not send to him. It only CC to my mail.

I really get mad with Yahoo ! Mail web version. It's really ridiculous. It's like a crappy system when you click, it may not send and it's like the sender has to develop a habit to check every time.

I always dislike yahoo mail but I just have too many connections and it was the first mail I registered in 2001 and I can't give it up because of too many connections on this mail.

Can I send and get mail (or at least send) with other interface like Gmail or Hotmail while I keep using the Yahoo Mail as my sender address??

or any good email clients / applications that I can rely on? Instead of using web version of Yahoo Mail !! I really hate it now

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2017
  2. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If it ended up in your mailbox as CC it had been sent in the first place, so yahoo is not at fault.
    It might have been caught by SPAM filter on the recipient's end though.

If you need to have a confirmation just send an email with reading confirmation or delivery confirmation - it still won't do a thing unless that person confirms delivery or set it to auto-confirm though, so if they are willing to pretend they never got that e-mail they still might.

As for e-mail clients - for business I have always used Microsoft Outlook as it is the best mix of features in my opinion. All the emails are stored locally in a PST file as well which gets automatically backed up every day so it adds an extra layer of security for me.

The only downsides of Outlook are issues with synchronization with Android calendar and contacts without using Google to do this, which I refuse to do.

Phoenix likes this.
  3. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Had to use Yahoo's web mail a few months ago and yes; awful-awful-awful. Same thing for gmail and outlook though. Have to hack away all the adverts to make them moderately usable, so not much fun in that.

Their ever-increasing deluge made me switch to an obscure, yet excessively full-featured email client; Becky! Internet Mail. Looks like it was designed in the 90s (it was) and they forgot to update its gui, but no matter, the engine is great. It's accessing three hotmails, two gmails, a yahoo account, two odd ones and my own mail server. Main selling point was that it's portable and can be synced, automating backups to and from a usb stick, which is running the same client plus portable OpenOffice (also browsers+av), making the stick an office-to-go.

Seems you can only buy the native, Japanese version these days, but the English translation is still downloadable, making it a simple matter of copy/pasting the language files. Not free then, but price is a one-off for a perpetual license including all future updates.

And yes, it's possible to link accounts to outlook or gmail, but then you're still at the mercy of their respective ghastly, penny-wrenching, customer-pimping execs. There's probably a multitude of good, multi-account, POP3+SMTP+IMAP4 supporting web-based alternatives though, so perhaps you could look into that. Security/privacy is a bit of an issue then, of course.

4. Primes

Primes Chrome OS Wizard

Reputations:
    Not the best layout, but I've been using Thunderbird lately.

I've also been considering going to a completely online/cloud email and then using a usb 2FA key.

5. alexhawker

alexhawker Spent Gladiator

Reputations:
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-access-yahoo-mail-in-gmail-1171916

hmscott likes this.
  6. TreeTops Ranch

TreeTops Ranch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    In defense of Yahoo Mail, I have been using it on Windows and Android for many years and have never had any of the issues mentioned. Maybe I've been lucky.

hmscott likes this.
  7. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    don't push your luck, that's where everything starts to go wrong

especially with "yahoo" in the subject

hmscott likes this.
  8. kenny1999

Reputations:
    Yeah, I've switched to Gmail already with Yahoo email address
    However, now the problem- it does not import all mails from Yahoo
    It's like only importing the recent mails.

I have mails back 10 years long, can they all get imported / transferred / copied to Gmail ?

9. kenny1999

Reputations:
    It was 2002. When there was NO gmail and it was like only hotmail and yahoo dominating the market

10. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    Well you can switch now.

The painful experience of transferring all your contact to a better mail service would be worth the effort.