Hummer Drivers Get More Tickets. A Lot More.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Harper2.0, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titaniummd

titaniummd Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Two of the best Off Road vehicles are the Land Rover and Toyota Land Cruiser. More reliable, better gas mileage. Even the Porsche Cayenne is a formidable off road vehicle (aside from the Jeep line of products).

As a previous poster said, there are better alternatives.

The reviews of H2's are bleak.

I chose an MDX since I don't go off-road but I wanted All Wheel Drive and a 3rd row seat.

2. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    The real Hummer has a spec rating of 2-tons. I am pretty sure the H2 is a 3/4ton rated vehicle
    It would be hard finding any other 4x4 short of an Oshkosh military truck, which would have the same kind of axles and suspension.

If you want offroading your best bet is a Jeep CJ/XJ therir short wheelbase is really good for offroading, and the aftermarket parts list is huge for them.
    You can even mount a 3-53T silver Detroit Diesel in them.

But yeah their is no competition:
    http://www.porkolt.com/other/Hummer-H1-vs-H2-3665.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5k2vflEYWc

You sure wont get a speeding ticket in a H1, you get tickets for parking, and for weight. I am pretty sure the H1 weighs in at over 7500lbs. He needs a commercial license just to drive it, cause its way over the weight limit.

Just go to a Hummer event, and you will see the difference.
    The only thing I must say about the H1, which sucks is the drive train. It has four half axles per set of wheels. Their are many universals, and they will crack and break pretty frequently when offroading. The military fixes these problems with heavier axles, but they cost alot more than the over the counter parts

K-TRON

3. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    LMAO titanium we both have similar sigs.

you are the first person outside of myself that has one with the Whip. :D

anyway, one of the best offroad vehicles as well is not sold in the US i dont know whats its called when i find it ill post it it is a off-road nissan that they sell in the middle east and it competes directly against the toyota land cruiser its really really nice. It has a way better interior too......ill find it...

4. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    LMAO its called the nissan patrol here is a video of it in action:

<object width='425' height='344'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKfWzGy5Kug&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KKfWzGy5Kug&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='425' height='344'></embed></object>

go here it shows you the new one it looks REALLY nice.

http://www.motorauthority.com/galle...nissan-patrol-suv-spy-shots-december-004.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  5. titaniummd

titaniummd Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I may have copied you.

I just got my SUV a couple of weeks ago, after swearing off the usefulness of one and getting a hybrid in 2007. However, I needed some size for a vehicle with 3 rows. Being a "Technophile" I had to get everything in it - Navigation, DVD, Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, Rear camera, Heated seats, All wheel drive, etc.

I have absolutely no intention of driving this off-road. I would have gotten a minivan but my wife thought they were ugly looking.

There is a reason why the Army requires the drivers of Hummers (H1) learn how to fix them - because they frequently fail. An H2 is more of a Yukon body. Who would want to 'speed' in a Hummer at 10 mpg?

6. Red_Dragon

Reputations:
    lol thats me technophile +1

There are some decent minivans now i still say the nicest one is the Honda Odyssey really nice inside and has great cargo capacity the new VW is ok too.

7. miro_gt

miro_gt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hummers are stupid IMO.

8. saintalfonzo

saintalfonzo Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Nobody buys an H2 or H3 for performance; they are strictly bought by the clueless who pay for the name and think of it as a status symbol. Both the Xterra and FJ own them in every respect and are more affordable. How can one justify owning one for a daily commuter when it gets horrible gas mileage and, at the same time, lacks in the power required to pass anyone on the highway? Then you go offroading on the weekend only to be owned by somebody in a Rubicon. Might as well just waste your money on an Escalade with spinners.

9. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    That is so true, Most CJ's will win in rock crawling and in 4 wheeling. Large wheelbase vehicles have a much harder time doing things small wheelbase vehicles can. This is why Jeep is the best for offroad. (Jeeps before about 5 years ago, all the new ones suck to be honest)

This jeep is awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoZRe9cuZA
    Detroit Diesel power :D

If you want real offroad power, you need a Tatra or a Oshkosh:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Epd4WZypvA

K-TRON

10. leaftye

leaftye Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You may be trying to state the truth, but you're doing so incorrectly. That weak gasoline motor you're thinking of must be the gasoline engine they put into the first commercial H1's. The H2 has always had a strong LSx engine putting out over 300 hp, and currently puts out nearly 400 hp. If that's not enough power, there are plenty of parts that have been put on other LSx engines in Camaro's, Corvette's, GTO's and other cars that'd work.

If I was in the market, I'd certainly take a look at H2's since their prices are quite attractive right now. I don't drive far, so fuel consumption isn't an issue, even if costs were at $10 per gallon. I like to mod my vehicles, and a few grand would have me in a 600+ hp H2. The only dirt roads I drive on are well maintained, and just long enough to get me to a trailhead or campsite. This thing has more than enough towing capacity for me if I decide to start autocrossing again, so that's a big bonus. I love lights, and a fat light bar would look perfect on an H2. Other than the high cost of tires, the H2 would be a decent next vehicle for me.

Oh, and as far as the H2 not being the same vehicle the Humvee was.....well, that's true, but the Humvee was created to replace full size trucks on military installations except with slightly better off-road capabilities. Even though the purposes of both vehicles are somewhat near, it's not at all fair to compare a $50,000 H2 to a $100,000+ H1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.