Hummer Drivers Get More Tickets. A Lot More.

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by Harper2.0, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harper2.0

Harper2.0 Back from the dead?

Reputations:
    Link

My uncle's thinking about buying an H2 :p

2. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    You know what people say about buying Hummers, right? :D

Big cars, low mileage ;)

what were you thinking? :p

Either way, I find it impractical to drive a hummer, especially in a city like Boston. Buying one is only asking for trouble.

3. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    i had driving behind a hummer lol

You cant even see whats in front of you or around it its just too big then again all large SUV's you get that feel being behind it just seems the hummer does that best :D

4. David

David NBR Random Reviewer NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    Try driving a Lambo... different, but same "can't see what's in front" effect :eek:

5. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    [​IMG]Isn't the gov of Cali Hummer's official ambassador & rep?

6. Harper2.0

Harper2.0 Back from the dead?

Reputations:
    The governator :D

7. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    honestly you cant even compare the H2 and the name hummer. They arent even made by the same manufacturer. The real Hummer is made by AM General, and has a 6ylinder (V6) Detroit Diesel Duramax 6.5L motor. It has a top speed of 65mph, and you know when you go over 40mph, because the tires rumble like crazy. They are offroad vehicles, not adapted for onroad uses.
    I have been in a hummer, and trust me I know their ups and downs. I am very close with my neighbor who has one. We were childhood friends.
    He belongs to the hummer club on Long Island where we live. Their are a few H2 owners who come by for events. The H2 is just not even close to the same vehicle the real one is. The gasoline motor the H2 has is a weakling, barely pushing 200ft/lbs of torque, while the real one is 220Hp at 500ft/lbs of torque.
    I cant speak for fuel economy on the H2, but the H1 gets an amazing 6mpg with the V8 gasoline model, and 12-14mpg with the Detroit Diesel 6.5L motor.

Keep this is mind, when you buy a H2, you arent getting an insane offroad vehicle, it is a very cheap knock off which is like any other 4x4, it just carries the same name if what a real offroad vehicle is.

I am not trying to be all mean, I am stating the truth about the H2, it is nothing like the real thing.

K-TRON

8. Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    you know the funny thing is most 4 x 4 vehicles these days cant even go off road lmao.

I remember reading an article in motor Trend where they had this huge competition and like only one the vehicles were actually able to go off road without any problems.

9. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    <object width='425' height='344'><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEcLuVhRbkU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eEcLuVhRbkU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width='425' height='344'></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  10. Clutch

Clutch cute and cuddly boys

Reputations:
    The modern cars have some many electronics they are not as good as the old ones which were basic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.