HTWingNut's Sager NP9150 (Clevo P150EM) Review with LOTS of 680m benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extide

extide Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The reason some of your overclocked scores are lower is because of the GDDR5. It has error correction, so if you overclock it too much it actually lowers performance as it will end up doing a lot of error correction. With GDDR5 the proper way to overclock is to increase the memory clock until the performance starts to decrease, and then bump the clock back a tad.

As mentioned, SC is much more CPU limited than GPU

2. drgnblues1

drgnblues1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    +++++ rep, getting mine sometime today!! Ill end up posting some fraps but not gonna be as thorough as htwings lol.

3. awakeN

awakeN Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well, my review is now dead.

awesome review, tho, HTWingnut :D I only just saw this today.

holy crap i remember watching that game

Polt<3

But somehow I got around 60 fps on 4v4 Ultra... so something isn't right. :/

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  4. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    Gameplay I get 75-100FPS. Only replays I'm getting 35-40FPS for whatever reason.

I checked into that with the GDDR5 error correction. However, even overclocking just +100MHz, it still ended up with a lesser score on RE5 for example. Kick it back to stock and it shoots back up to where it was. I don't get it. Other games it runs great with +480MHz, like Max Payne 3 or BF3.

Why is yours dead? More reviews the better. Yours is very well thought out and written and has the 7970m. :)

I'll look into SC2 a little more. But replays run about half the speed of actual in game FPS.

5. Clevernerd

Clevernerd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hello HTWingNut, you should consider going professional review writer...+1 rep

6. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    I agree.

If I could I would kick all my rep onto you HTWingNut.

I simply cannot comprehend how much time and work you've put into this... amazing, simply amazing, well done

7. drgnblues1

Reputations:
    Hey HTwing have you found any way to go over the +135 core overclocking yet? I'm able to get mine +135 core and +500 memory without any issues so far, but blocked at 135 for the core

8. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Moo

Reputations:
    There's been some suggestions with locking the P5 state and overclocking using that. I don't have the link at the moment (at work and internet is SLLLOWWW), but definitely looks like an option. I don't know that I'm going to pursue that much further at the moment because the system is running excellent at stock speeds, plus this laptop I think is definitely a long time keeper (just upgraded to 2 yr warrant) so don't want to fuss with it too much unless I need the extra performance.

I may actually just try it to see how well it works and what my machine can do, but don't really care to run it overclocked for regular gaming because well, I don't need to. :)

9. vuman619

vuman619 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi HTWingNut, i've been following your posts since the Bios Mod stuff you did on Prema's mod, good work man! I just wanted to ask, what equipment/method you used to measure the power draw from the wall?

10. drgnblues1

Reputations:
    hm the beta 304.79 driver gave me a bsod while playing bf3 last night. which driver are you currently using? I used the one from laptopvideo2go. I don't know if that was a good choice or not. But either way I rolled it back cause I didn't want to keep crashing. which driver are you currently using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.