HTWingNut's Sager NP7330 / Clevo W230ST REVIEW

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I don't think anyone can install past stock drivers except if you do some modded files to do so, but they're not resulting in any improvements.

I had to reset my router.

2. Rinx7

Rinx7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well I got my Mythlogic. Lets see how those updated fan profiles work out. By the way does anybody know what the best program to monitor temps is?

3. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    hwinfo for temp monitoring

4. LoneSyndal

LoneSyndal Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  5. Rinx7

Rinx7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    One last question. I am trying to figure out the screen type my Mythlogic has. Can anybody tell me how I am supposed to find it (It is an excellent display by the way, it has great whites and blacks and NO backlight bleed whatsoever.)

6. onkelosuppo

onkelosuppo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @HTWingNut:
    Nice review man. :) I just heard of this fantastic machine today. I like how it adresses the only two things that I didn't like about the W110ER: the display and the keyboard.

I have a question. (Sorry if it's been asked before) Is the w230st louder when gaming than the w110ER? I am curious, since with all the tweaks you guys posted and developed the latter is pretty quiet when gaming.

So long
    onkelosuppo

7. jewwybewwy

jewwybewwy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No backlight bleed? That sounds awesome!
    I'm pretty sure all of the Mythlogics will have Chi Mei panels until they say otherwise. If you want to be sure I think you can open up the Device Manager and google the model number that shows up under "Monitor".

8. Rinx7

Rinx7 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yup I just checked it and it is a Chemei. I am now having an issue with GPU utilization though in DOTA 2. It is only utilizing only 50% of the GPU power so I am getting very low FPS. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how I can fix it.

9. phoduma

phoduma Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    i see a ton of backlight bleed on my sager np7330

10. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I'd say this is a bit louder than the W110ER but not by much.

All I can say is to complain to Sager and/or reseller and ask for a refund and order another. Or order another then return that one once you get your other (as long as it's within the 30 days). I have the LCD 60 day warranty and Sager basically told me to take a hike because they don't cover backlight bleed, only dead or stuck pixels or bruising. They keep saying it's intrinsic in this type of panel but (A) I've seen a few of these panels and they don't exhibit the bleed, or very little, and (B) it shouldn't look like there's a flashlight shining up from the bottom of the screen.

If it's really bad though insist they replace it on their dime. Some bleed is expected, but not around the periphery or taking up 25% of the screen. To be honest, it's only noticeable with black backgrounds, but during letterboxed movies, it is readily apparent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.