HTWingNut's Sager NP7330 / Clevo W230ST REVIEW

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    There's no need to remove the battery anyhow. Just leave it in, it's a free battery backup if nothing else.

2. ldkv

ldkv Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Won't that heat up and wear the battery down ? I always remove the battery when at home, and just plug it in when I need to flash the BIOS :p

3. Amal77

Amal77 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Nice OC and nice scores there.
    Stock drivers?

This time I don't think I will be creating any BIOS MOD.
    We have Prema for that this time. :)

4. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    True, esp. if you buy a decently sized nice monitor, but a mini-itx case itself should be VERY portable, but in toting, I'd expect having to make do using a TV(HDMI) or something...

If you're serious about, I'd STRONGLY suggest looking into HTPC oriented forums. They're ALL about SILENT, however most don't care too much about computational power or gaming, so...

One of the bigger review sites, I think tomshardware(maybe anandtech), had a review recently(sometime in the last several months) about a pretty fully featured mini-ITX board. Apparently it was more "featured" than those sorts of boards usually are, but I've never really looked at mini-ITX myself, so...

5. Bandieiner

Bandieiner Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for your input - i currently flip through the different proposed forums.

6. Johnny_Rodriguez

Johnny_Rodriguez Newbie

Reputations:
    Quick question for the techs out there. I received my top in the states but I'm currently in Afghanistan. I had a friend of mine review the top for me ie. stress test, install drivers and software, repaste CPU, since I wasn't going to be able to do it myself with poor Internet connection, tools, or proper workstation for that matter. Not a tech and have never been one and I wanna pay the guy for his services. How much would you say a good amount is to pay for the service? It was a favor but still, plus he hooked me up with some really nice software lol.

7. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I have a cooler master Elite 120. It's as big as four slice toaster but can accommodate a regular desktop PSU, CPU, GPU on a mini-itx board. I have an Asus m-ITX that is phenomenal. You just have to carefully pick out your CPU cooler since there's only a few that will fit.

$100 and a case of beer. ;)

8. BJKill

BJKill Newbie

Reputations:
    Really appreciate your pointers and insight. Placing order now, will post again when I have finalized the config

Thanks WingNut

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    19V and 19.5V adapters are within the mandatory electrical tolerances of each other. The only issue would be in fringe cases perhaps.

10. kondor999

kondor999 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went with a 4700, and thus far I've been unable to verifiably up the the 1-2 core values at all via XTU. After I set the single-core to ~35x and run a single-threaded bench like old SuperPi - all I get is 3.2Ghz. And this is at very low (50's-60's temps). There's no throttling. It's just like there's never a circumstance in which the CPU "feels like" it's a single core (and therefor able to clock up to 34-36x).

How were you able to do this and what did you use to demonstrate to yourself that the CPU was actually throttling up to 35-36x?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.