HTWingNut's Sager NP7330 / Clevo W230ST First Impressions WITH VIDEOS!

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Solid. Very solid.

2. lastnikita

lastnikita Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks, seems bright enough and highly usable =)
    Nice to hear about the vRAM too, impressive o/c !

3. ECKS

ECKS Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    If only there were notebook coolers that were like this, minus the elevated legs...Honey-Can-Do Stackable Kitchen Organizer Rack - Walmart.com... I'm seriously considering getting one of these though, haha. Would be nice for the bed too, since it's elevated off your lap, sorta like a breakfast in bed tray table thingy.

4. docrock

docrock Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    was hoping you'd say "well, its OK, but not that great" or something to alleviate the sting of buying my MSI rig mere days before what I really wanted was released :(

5. JoeBradley

JoeBradley Newbie

Reputations:
    That's awesome! I was only hoping for +250mhz. When you took off the heatsink could you tell what what kind of vram chips they're using? I'm wondering if it's actually 1500mhz rated vram.

6. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    I didn't look, but will next time I go to repaste. I was beginning to wonder too if it's 1500MHz RAM, it may very well be. If that's the case then I'll keep pushing. Even if it's 1250MHz then 2500MHz should be easily achievable for everyone.

7. varunrs

varunrs Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @HTWingnut

I wanna ask of all the Haswell laptops you have tested, which one runs the coolest so that the CPU and GPU can run without throttling. I am not looking for overclocking, but I just want that the hardware I order runs at the best of it's abilities. From your reviews it seems the 177M might be the winner in that case.

I don't game but I want a powerful laptop. I was pretty impressed by the W740 but it doesn't offer 2 mSata slots and I badly wanna run 2 Plextor M5M in Raid 0. So even though I don't game I was looking to order this but looking at these issues( they probably won't come into play with my kinda usage), I am now leaning towards the 177M.
    Pity the W740 doesn't come with 2 mSata slots as it is quite a looker and pretty slim as well.

P.S - I also belong to the minority who like a glossy screen. 80% of my usage is in a dark room so I prefer the vibrance of a glossy display.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Did you reduce the multi as mentioned in earlier posts? Or just undervolt?

9. lastnikita

lastnikita Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So forget about this laptop and aim for one without GPU.
    Don't be like people who drive SUV downtown ;)

They look removable, at worst you can still cut them in half.. go for it honey !

10. 0utf0xZer0

0utf0xZer0 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've suspected for a while the GTX 765M is memory bandwidth limited at higher settings and I think I just got my confirmation. Great find, that's really going to help out with a few games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.