HTWingNut's NBR Steam Game Lazy, Cheapskate, and Procrastinator Game Giveaway

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by HTWingNut, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kisetsu17

kisetsu17 Took me long enough

Reputations:
    Lols hey old man, didn't think you were that old to be called old man. :p anyway, thanks for the giveaway. Wasn't able to participate in the steam sale because it was a down time at work, so no pay. Hahaha.

Would really love to get that A10C thing, or Batman Arkham City. My pops loves those games as well and I'd like him to also be able to play when he goes home for vacation. Cheers!

2. TomTom2007

TomTom2007 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wonder just how old is he :D Thanks for doing this again Old Man!

I didn't buy Batman Arkham City because of its terrible DRM, plus GFWL... no thank you! I was waiting for the price to drop even further than $7.50 when it was on sale, but that never happened. I guess now is my chance.
    Always enjoyed flight sims, A-10C would be a great addition. It was still quite expensive when it was on sale, didn't think it was worth it.

Out of that list, I would definitely recommend SW:Kotor for any Bioware or RPG fan. It's one of my top RPGs of all time, honestly, they should have made SW:Kortor III rather than The Old Republic.

Good luck everyone!

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    QFT. I agree.

4. Fat Dragon

Fat Dragon Just this guy, you know?

Reputations:
    I dunno, I played 20 hours of KoTOR a few years ago before finally uninstalling it - late in the Dantooine stuff if I remember right. It's easily number one on my list of games that failed to live up to the hype. I've heard it shines later on, but slogging through the part that I played was enough to turn me off for good. With a long game backlog and the need to spend more time productively and less time gaming, it's off the table for good as far as I'm concerned.

It's also the only game in my experience that has made animated dice-roll combat even less appealing than actually rolling a bunch of dice - at least with dice you can imagine the character's doing something impressive, rather than watching the same muddily-animated lightsaber swings over and over while waiting to hear the *hit* soundbyte.

5. long2905

long2905 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    if you play the jedi guardian/sentinel class, the old republic is passable for a KOTOR sequel (barely)

6. moviemarketing

moviemarketing Milk Drinker

Reputations:
    Haven't tried the first game, but I loved the sequel. KOTOR 2 was a great game IMO.

7. MegaMan X

MegaMan X Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi Old Man,

thanks for hosting this giveaway, I usually don't buy games cause I'm too poor to. Also, my PC usually screams at me asking why I haven't upgraded yet.

8. Prydeless

Prydeless Stupid is

Reputations:
    Indeed. It was the fifth character I leveled to 50 so I was kicking myself a bit for not playing it sooner, and I was getting down on the game for not feeling like the KotOR 3-6 that the devs said it would be. Leveling up a Bounty Hunter and whooping on force users was too tempting not do first though.

I liked 2 more than the first. The NPC party members, enemies, and dialogue were just a lot better. Going through Taris in 1 was so boring that I just modified a save file for my third playthrough so I could skip most of it.

9. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Potato

Reputations:
    Added "chance of winning" columns to spreadsheet if you want to see your luck! :)

As of right now:

Total Entries: 44

Code:
    Game                 Entries    Chance
    A-10C Warthog        11          9.09%
    Batman Arkham City   23          4.35%
    Civilization III      0         #DIV/0!
    Civilization IV       2         50.00%
    Civilization V       14          7.14%
    Crysis 2             23          4.35%
    Darksiders           10         10.00%
    Grand Theft Auto     11          9.09%
    Hitman                8         12.50%
    Saints Row the Third  8         12.50%
    Star Wars Knights     4         25.00%
    Thief                 2         50.00%
    Tomb Raider          10         10.00%

10. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thank you, Old Man! I didn't get these games on the cheap because I'm way too indecisive and wasn't sure what to get!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.