HTC 10

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Ethrem, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    I think it does @ 720P.

But one thing is for sure, for anyone who wants a flawless camera this is not for them. This phone is for nutjobs like me who barely use the camera and want full modding control over the phone. Plus that new DAC is sweeeet!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  2. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Just saw this on GSM Arena: 2160p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec

my iPhone SE can do up to 120 FPS @ 1080p when using the awesome app called Pro Camera.

Guess I'll skip on ths HTC 10 as having a great camera is important to me since that's the only camera I use

bloodhawk likes this.
  3. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Yeah thats why i suggested the S7 to a friend of mine as well. Camera's have almost never been a strong suit with HTC's.

4. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There's a big bug in the current Broadcom driver in the kernel that causes massive power drain when WiFi is enabled. 2.5-3% per hour or so. LTE standby is like 1% or less.

It has an LCD so naturally screen on time is going to be affected. There also appears to be a higher power consumption with the Sharp display than the Tianma display.

I ordered it (waiting for UPS right now actually) because my Note 5 battery started draining around 30% doing nothing and since I tripped KNOX they'd reject it for warranty replacement whereas Jump goes to a third party who refurbishes and sells them, Knox void or not.

There's also some questions about the current S-OFF method breaking the kernel which is being investigated but from what I've seen, disabling WiFi entirely (including WiFi scanning when WiFi is off) gives a large boost to battery. I'm sure HTC will push a fix to US unlocked and WWE soon and I'm considering changing my T-Mobile to the US unlocked CID and software for more timely updates and no T-Mobile bloat anyway. Since it uses systemless root, we just need to flash the stock recovery and OTAS work properly again.

There's talk of a mod for it but no, no native support as of now. Not a big deal to me, I never go anywhere that would involve taking video.

5. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    I'm confused, what's with the screens? does this phone come in 2 screen flavors or what? Talking about the Sharp vs Tianma display you mentioned.

PS: Can't wait for your review

6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    HTC has a long tradition of using two different display manufacturers to source their screens... I'm praying I get a Tianma because the Sharp has a lot of problems. Apparently the Sharp is rare in carrier versions though so I might be looking at a pink tint that goes away as the glue cures the first few weeks at the worst.

7. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    oh snap, that's similar to chip gate on Apple phones with the 6S where you wouldn't know if you'd get a TSMC CPU or a Samsung one, the latter consumes more battery and overheats like no tomorrow. Speaking from personal experience.

So there is no way of knowing which screen you'll get before actually opening the phone? that really sucks man because over here in Dubai, you can't exchange your phone unless it's not working, not because you want a diff. CPU or screen because to the retailer, your phone is working.

Ethrem likes this.
  8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Yeah we tried narrowing it down by serial numbers but unfortunately all factories are using both panels. Sharp panels are much rarer than Tianma though by what looks to be a 5:1 ratio.

9. Spartan@HIDevolution

Reputations:
    so how are you gonna know when you get it? using AIDA64 maybe?

Ethrem likes this.
  10. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    DevCheck System Info

Screenshot_20160606-173624.png

If it was an LCD it would have the manufacturer in there.

11. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    @Phoenix

Well its a Tianma panel and I *LOVE* it! No pink, its so bright when the HTC logo comes on that it blinds me, the colors are much more accurate than AMOLED (and customizable) and for an LCD, its blacks are really deep black. No backlight bleed to speak of which is amazing.

On the more negative side of things, my device falls behind the LG G5 in benchmarks by a good margin which shouldn't be the case. Its possible that my PVS bin is bad causing my chip to run hot and throttle faster but I think its more the T-Mobile software so I'm going through the process of unlocking through HTCdev, paying 25 bucks for S-OFF, and turning my phone into a US unlocked edition phone.

With that said, it benches twice as fast as my Note 5 did so... Massive upgrade even if its not the best PVS bin chip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.