HTC 10

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Ethrem, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Anyone have one? I finally pulled the trigger on a Jump upgrade from my Note 5 to the 10 today. It's back ordered (apparently T-Mobile drastically underestimated how well it would sell, none of the stores can keep it on the shelves and T-Mobile doesn't even have a date for when they will get stock) but my Note 5 just isn't doing it anymore. Going from 5.7in to 5.2in will be an adjustment but the M8 was the best Android phone I've ever had (and I have had plenty - the HTC Hero, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Inspire 4G, Samsung Captivate, MyTouch 4G, LG G2x (the reason I'll never own another LG device), HTC Sensation 4G, Droid RAZR MAXX, Samsung Galaxy S III, Samsung Galaxy S4 (for less than a day), HTC One (M7), HTC One (M8), Nexus 6, and my current Samsung Galaxy Note 5) and the only reason I skipped the M9 is because of the Snapdragon 810 (well my Exynos 7420 isn't any better in the heat and throttle department).

I'm excited to have Sense, S-OFF, expandable storage, adoptable storage, and a developer friendly device (Qualcomm extensively documents their architectures for developers while Samsung does not which means that Qualcomm devices get the goodies like AOSP, CyanogenMod, killer kernels, etc), and a device that can flash ROMs and radios from any variant (except Sprint) without having to jump through hoops - and that sweet, sweet Snapdragon 820 goodness. I'm not a camera snob but the camera seems quite capable anyway. BoomSound I've learned to live without but it's exciting as well.

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) BAKED BEAN KING

Reputations:
  3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I'll be using ElementalX kernel so there will be no worries about security problems. That's why I love HTC. Officially sanctioned development - HTC doesn't even void your warranty for unlocking anymore. I'll be going the S-OFF route anyway though which means I can restore it back to out of the box stock and remove all traces to it ever being modified anyway.

4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    The HTC 10 unfortunately hasn't arrived at Singapore's shores yet, but I know that's the device I'm getting, nothing else. I can't stand Samsung's devices; tried out the LG G5 and wasn't really impressed by it. This'll be my third HTC phone, and I'm happy to say that this time, HTC really has a winner.

Ethrem likes this.
  5. bloodhawk

bloodhawk Derailer of threads.

Reputations:
    Im ordering mine next week. Gonna S-OFF that sucker as soon as i get it out of the box.
    I just hope Sunshine still works.

Ethrem likes this.
  6. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Spartan and bloodhawk like this.
  7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    T-Mobile just charged me today, should be here in a few days (since it was back ordered I wasn't going to pay 25 bucks for next day air). Grabbed a dual TPU and hard plastic case for it off Amazon for 8 bucks. Waiting to see if UAG comes out with a case for it but I need to be protected in the meantime. Was going to get an Incipio Dualpro but 30 bucks vs 8 for basically the same thing only the latter having a basketball grip all along the back instead of being slick like the Incipio sways my decision in favor of the latter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G62UVTU/

hmscott and bloodhawk like this.
  8. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just got off the phone with T-Mobile. Phone is basically waiting to be loaded at the dock and then it will be on its way today. I'm annoyed they didn't get it out yesterday (since they charged me yesterday) and now I'm not getting it til next week but at least it's shipping. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise it's not going to be here this week though. If it showed up Thursday it would be sitting on my porch since I have a therapy appointment downtown that will keep me out of the house for 3 hours or so. I just can't wait to get rid of this stupid Samsung Note 5!

9. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Ethrem

I was just about to order an HTC 10 then I saw this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-10/676169-real-life-battery-life-4.html#post5212328

That's the reason I sold my Galaxy S7 despite loving the phone, horrible battery life... Seems like Android phones suck when it comes to battery life ever since Lollipop......

I remember my Note 4 had a superb 2 day battery life when it was on Kit Kat then that was 1 day max after the lollipop update....... This doze feature is a big gimmick as it didn't help me at all neither with my Nexus 6P nor the S7

I love Android way more than iOS and want to get an Android phone again. All I want is good battery life without having to turn off all the features that some suggest totally defeating the purpose of having a smart phone

10. Spartan

Spartan Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    @Ethrem

Another thing bro, this phone doesn't have 60 FPS video @ 1080P?? Does it have 60 FPS video @ 720P at least?

See:

Shakeeb Anjum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.