HP zt3000 vs. Apple G4 Powerbook

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by byn19, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byn19

byn19 Newbie

Reputations:
    My current desktop PC has been getting old and fussy, and I am planning on switching to a notebook. I am currently trying to decide between the HP zt3000 and the Apple G4 15" Powerbook. Any thoughts on either of these computers? I am slightly hesitant on switching to a mac platform, just because of unfamiliarity.

2. Andrew Baxter

Andrew Baxter -

Reputations:
    I find it hard to go from PC to Mac. I mean, a mouse with one button when I like having multiple buttons is just annoying...once your used to right clicking and windows short cuts on your keyboard it feels so foreign to be driving a Mac interface. Right, I know Macs are supposed to be easier to use but when you've been using a Windows OS for over a decade you tend to be familiar and use to it ... even if there are some aspects of a Mac that are supposedly easier to use (I really believe it's all in the marketing for Mac to say they're easier to use, I just don't see how it's that much more intuitive...if at all). Anyway, my recommendation would be to go with the zt3000. If you like the Powerbook look you might want to check out the Winbook W160 laptop that was just released....it looks and is just like a Powerbook, but it's a Windows based machine.

review here: http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/reviews/5174/1/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.