*HP Zbook 17 Owner's Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by yellownurbs, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Justin Lee English

Justin Lee English Newbie

Reputations:
    Does the DreamColor panel have 2 or 4 wires coming from the right side of the monitor on a 17 G2?

2. UltimaGTR

UltimaGTR Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, what manufacturer and model SSD did your Zbook Fury 17 G7 come with?
    Also, what manufacturer was the RAM?
    Thanks

3. UltimaGTR

UltimaGTR Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for replying, how much RAM did yours come with, have you got a graphics card or are you using integrated graphics?
    I'm thinking whether to order with 8GB of RAM, then add more later as their upgrade prices seem a bit expensive.

Thanks

4. slnotebook

slnotebook Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have a ZBook 17 G2 with Dreamcolor display and Nvidia Quadro K5100M GPU. It's always had a problem with dark scenes in videos looking very pixelated. Very disappointing, since I paid so much for the Dreamcolor and the K5100M was the most expensive GPU option. I have a ThinkPad notebook that's 10 years older than the ZBook, and it doesn't have this pixelation problem with dark video scenes.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm looking at the Nvidia Control Panel to see if I can fix it with any video settings. I see there is an "Output color depth" option that is set to "8 bpc". When I change it to "10 bpc" and hit Apply, it goes back to "8 bpc" for some reason. From what I read, both the Dreamcolor screen and K5100M are supposed to support 10-bit color, so I don't know why it won't let me change it to "10 bpc".