*HP Zbook 17 Owner's Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by yellownurbs, Apr 28, 2014.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
  2. Koniptn

Koniptn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'll post there then. Thanks!

3. ROTORGAMES

ROTORGAMES Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I have a silly question, exist the Zbook 17 G2 with out MXM card nvidia or AMD, only with the intel 4600?

The is one in the used computer store that in the device manager only appears the intel 4600.

Exist a version of the motherbaord without the mxm slot? or maybe simply someome strip the GPU.

Thanks!

4. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As long as it's not a dream color model it should be able to work without a MXM card.

5. canuck_accountant

canuck_accountant Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone using a Zbook with a Thunderbolt G2/230W dock?

I have a Zbook 17 G5 with one and, while it looked like it would support 3 monitors well, it has all kinds of issues remembering monitor assignment, waking them all up (at the same time!), remembering where certain windows were when it went to sleep etc and is generally being a PITA.

I can post actual issues, but wanted to wait until I see if anyone else is using a similar setup. (I have an old Zbook 17 G2 with an Advanced Docking Station (mechanical dock, of course) which was fantastic and has never given a moment's trouble.

BTW - I **love** the G5 - great machine. Not so much the dock and its firmware.

6. xor01

xor01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    please write a review or make a youtube video review of ZBook 17 G5.
    im also interested with this model.
    did you buy customized or pre-configured?

7. xor01

xor01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    did you buy pre-built or custom?
    please make a review here or on youtube about 17 G5.

8. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello! I'm thinking of getting one of these laptops to replace my Hp Elitebook 8760w. I know you can upgrade the GPUs in these laptops. I have experience with upgrading the GPUs in the 8760w. I was wondering if all of the the displays are LVDS or if they are all eDP, or is it a mixture of both like LVDS on some panels, eDP on others?

Edit: I was thinking of also getting a G3 model, but the one I can afford is only an i5 model. Also, will my old power brick work with the newer models?

9. marcelvn

marcelvn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

I have a 17 G3 with a quadro m1000m and a TN 1600x900 (I think it is LVDS, but i am not sure). I like the machine, but that display is not good.. Look for the fullHD ones and up.

Recently I have been looking for a GPU upgrade. The GTX 980m apparently is mostly plug and play and hassle free, but there is success with the 1060 with minor issues as well. I am not sure if the 1060 will work with my 1600x900 display, though..

10. Savage.exe

Savage.exe Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    PNP Hassle free minus the driver edits? Driver edits are easy either way.