*HP Zbook 17 Owner's Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by yellownurbs, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Padraig O Cuinn

Padraig O Cuinn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hate repasting so its time to call the it crew lol thanks for the info

2. rdavlets

rdavlets Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Currently i am looking beyween alienware 17 r4 and zbook 17 g4. At least proper repasting and repadding resolve heat issue for alienware. But i prefare workstations. So i will think i will give it try.

P.s. i also hate it. I think that laptops for such price should not have such problems. :( but for some reason conpanies prefer to use toothpaste instead of normal paste :((

3. Padraig O Cuinn

Reputations:
    Yeah there are a lot of people who repaste straight away when buying a product. Workstations are good but dont forget there are gaming workstations also :)

4. rdavlets

rdavlets Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, you are right. But i do not like asus,msi and etc.

One more moment. Do you have dreamcolor display? Does it worth it?

5. Padraig O Cuinn

Reputations:
    I do have a dreamcolor monitor but i will say this to anyone who wants to buy one and only if my opinion really mattered about the choice. DreamColor monitors are great but thr normal 4k monitors are th3 exact same. DreamColor is only a module attached onto the 4k screens to enable manual switching of colour profiles without hastle. If you are happy with a 4k ips with almost 100% argb. Then go for that.

6. l3n0x

l3n0x Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Chaps!

Looking into buying either a Zbook 17 G1 or G2, or a Dell M6800... My heart says G2, but my eyes tell me otherwise:

I've seen one G1, one G2, and 3 M6800's.. The G1 and one of the M6800 were okay, but the G2 and two of the M6800 had visible pixel columns (faint vertical lines basicly), which I guess comes down to the the manufacturer of the screen. Unfortunatelly the G1 was ugly on its outside (lots of scratches, delaminating screen bezel, etc.) and the 6800 has a poorish CPU and a K3100m.

Has anybody else experienced such on the HP's? Will my eyes ever adjust to it, or should I just avoid these panels because it will annoy the hell out of me everytime I look at it?!:))

First I thought I'll get the G2 & upgrade the screen to DC, but after some reading I've learned that it's not too straight-forward / cheap.

Cheers!

7. Padraig O Cuinn

Reputations:
    What about a g4 or a g3 for parts :)

8. xor01

xor01 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    deleted

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  9. slnotebook

slnotebook Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I remember reading a while back about some people having a constant high pitched sound and an occasional flicker on their ZBook G2 DreamColor screen. I've got the high pitched noise on mine, but I never saw any flickering until recently, when I started working with more black and gray backgrounds. It's not noticeable with a white background, but on a black/gray background I can see it happen maybe once a minute. A couple years ago I had HP replace the screen twice, and both replacements had the high pitched noise. Wonder how common these problems are.