*HP ZBook 15 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by struselix, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex_zbook

alex_zbook Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've checked but it still looks fishy. Nearly perfect positive feed back from people buying random, unrelated pieces of electronics at similarly suspicious prices. Also, the seller doesn't take returns, that should be a red flag.

I know $20 is not that much, but I live abroad and having such item shipped to me would take time and probably cost more than the product itself hehe.

EDIT: these look like more reasonable deals. At least the sellers are willing to take returns. The factory sealed one is pretty tempting, should be new and include all accesories but is very costly, nearly 4 times as much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  2. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just ordered a customized HP Zbook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation. I want to get a second power supply, but, like others have said on this forum, the HP site makes it virtually impossible to find the right item. So, I emailed the HP parts dept. This is what they indicated I needed:

150 watt Power Supply L32661-001 - $110
    Power cord 213349-009 - $25.77

The power supply is crazy-expensive, and the power cord is just a short 3-wire standard power cord that Amazon sells for $7.99. It's a joke that they're selling it for $25.77 (and that doesn't include shipping!).

I don't see anyone else selling the OEM power supply - and there appears to only be one company selling a compatible one (from the UK). I'd prefer to get the OEM power supply, but, $110 seems crazy.

Has anyone else used any other power supplies with the G5?

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Here's this one from Amazon. I bought an aftermarket battery for my ZBook 15 (original finally failed) and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Mobile-Workstation-Notebook-Adapter/dp/B07GGZ9P8P

bertsirkin likes this.
  4. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  5. bertsirkin

bertsirkin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I don't know, and I would suspect it may not matter unless the laptop does not correctly identify it. I believe my old Alienware 330W AC adapter will also work on my ZBook 15. The connector is the same size.

7. luisxd

luisxd Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, I just got a HP Zbook 15 G2 and was wondering if there's any kind of limitation when it comes to the M.2 SSD slot.Thanks in advance.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Hi. I think you will find some relevant information over here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...s-to-z-turbo-drive.769103/page-3#post-9967647

Other than the MXM 3.0A handicap, I really like my ZBook 15 a lot. The K1100M is pretty pathetic, and 965M (max upgrade due to the beyond obsolete form factor) isn't much to get excited about. But, it's an excellent daily driver and built like a brick house. I hope you enjoy yours, too.

9. luisxd

Reputations:
    Seems any M.2 PCIe would do. As for GPU I don't think a can get a 960M since they're pretty expensive (the MXM 3.0a version), but I got an eye on the Quadro M2000M, looks like a nice upgrade to play some games and work with Adobe AE.

Thanks!!

Mr. Fox likes this.
  10. luisxd

Reputations:
    Just in case anyone needs it, here is technical white paper from the HP Zbook 15 G2, which seems HP vanished from their website. PDF

Mr. Fox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.