*HP ZBook 15 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by struselix, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Mohammad Reza Pouladvand

Mohammad Reza Pouladvand Newbie

Reputations:
  2. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Based on my experience with the Gtx 1070 notebook mxm If the EC of the system board can't properly read your GPU's temp it will probably assume the worst and rate your GPU temp as 85c the fan will default to 100% unless you over ride it with a fan control program YMMV

3. Mohammad Reza Pouladvand

Mohammad Reza Pouladvand Newbie

Reputations:
    well thanks for reply.

ChanceJackson likes this.
  4. Quicklite

Quicklite Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hi guys.
    Got a ZBook 15 with k610m. I noticed that it had a few pixels (1 pixel line maybe 1 cm long), periodically flickering in a line on the bottom left edge of the screen (under the windows 10 start logo).

Was only a few pixels. When I disabled Quadro and ran intel only - the issue disappeared. Obviously just a few pixels are affected. Though is this an early sign of graphics failure?

5. Padraig O Cuinn

Padraig O Cuinn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a spare keyboard i can buy off them please?

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I just picked up a ZBook 15 refurbished from OfficeDepot.com for $369. It has a 4800MQ and Quadro K1100M and it works great. I replaced the crappy mechanical HDD with a 1TB Samsung SSD and that really perked it up. This fan control software works great as well. Thanks for sharing that back in 2014. :)

This machine is old, but it great shape and the build quality is impressive. For $369 it beats the stuffing out of the Samsung turdbook that I paid a lot more for, then returned for a refund because it was so wimpy. For the price, hard to beat. Anything newer in the sub $1000 price range is pure garbage.