*HP ZBook 15 Owners Lounge*

Discussion in 'HP Business Class Notebooks' started by struselix, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Tjarco

Tjarco Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    *bad edit

2. TurbospeedMX

TurbospeedMX Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, i just acquired a Z Book 15 G1

my current setup

CPU: i7 4900MQ
    Mermory: 16GB
    Video: k2100m
    Hdd1: 256GB EVO SSD
    Hdd1: 1TB Micron SSD

I use my laptop mainly for work and from time to time for gaming , i been experimenting with a sligth overclock , i been able to get the k2100m to 733mhz (untested)

GPU Clock: 705Mhz
    GPU memory: 760Mhz

So far its stable and i've run OCCT scanning for errors during 5 minutes with 0 Errors.

3d mark fire strike Stock clock= 1711
    3d mark fire strike @705MHZ=1789

I'll keep updating my results.

3. TurbospeedMX

TurbospeedMX Newbie

Reputations:
    UPDATE********

GPU 767MHZ +100MHZ OVERLOCK)
    MEMORY 777 (+50MHZ in MSI Afterburner)

Results 3dMArk Firestrike= 1847 points

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Siorah

Siorah Beware of Squirrels!

Reputations:
    I picked up one of these from an IT factory outlet as a temp 'lighter' replacement for my ageing 8740W.

For giggles, i put it in my 8740W's docking station.

and.... it works flawlessly. The dock powers fine, it engages the Bluray drive i have in the optical doc, the USB ports all work, as do the older ports Parallel etc (this is an old 'advanced' docking station) the Quadro K1100 even recognises the DP+ ports and can send audio (7.1 i might add!) to my A/V receiver via an HDMI adapter.

I couldn't believe it either.

The dock sometimes forgets it's there if you plug into it with the laptop being on. it seems the more modern quadro needs to be cold booted in the doc for it to work properly.

but yea, quite shocked my 6 year old docking station works with this 2014 machine.

triturbo likes this.
  5. milesc3

milesc3 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello all, I am sold on purchasing a G3 Zbook with a Dream Color display. Overall is the 15" or 17" better?

6. Comal

Comal Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't have the G3 but I have the 17" G2. The 15" might be more portable but if I were getting a 4K Dreamcolor screen I would want a 17".

7. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Has anyone had trouble with their Zbook 15 Dreamcolor display having a distorted image or dropping the built in display entirely upon resuming the machine? I am running the latest bios (1.35A), and it happens on Windows 7 / 10 and Ubuntu 16.04. HP support thinks its the panel itself, but is saying that a replacement panel is back-ordered until late September.

I can generally get the display back if the image is distorted, by suspending / resuming over and over again, but if it drops off completely then the only way to recover the machine is a hard shut down or hooking up an external display (if I am near one) and restarting.

8. cenkaetaya

cenkaetaya Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi, I have an Issues with the Zbook 15 G3 audio.

I have installed all the drivers but it seems like the sound will randomly just stop working. Its completely random. Sometimes in windows, sometimes when back from sleep.

A reboot always fixes it but this is very disappointing considering the audio quality is so great.

anyone have this happen?

9. ChanceJackson

ChanceJackson Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

I was able to get my hand on two 15" G1 Z books, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with upgrading the MXM card to something more current like either AMD's Polaris or Nvidia's Pascal architectures?

shows someone upgrading their system with a MXM-A Geforce GTX 965m which uses Nvidia's previous generation Maxwell Architecture

*I know the laptop is only designed to take MXM-A cards but I was thinking that MXM-A and B seem to have screw holes in the same place and I would have enough space for much better MXM-B card if I dremeled away the optical drive sata connector

10. paseppa

paseppa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, I'm gonna buy a zbook 15 g2, I would use it for music production, anybody had experience with it together with a DAW and VSTs?
    Thanks