1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

HP Wireless Printer Problem (UDP port 427)

Discussion in 'Networking and Wireless' started by RooGee, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RooGee

RooGee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys... i just bought a new wireless printer and when i install it the following message shows up:

Your computer is unable to communicate with your printer at 192.168.1.6. This may be caused by firewall software. If you are using firewall software, verify that UDP port 427 is unblocked for both inbound and outbound traffic.

Your PC can not communicate with your printer at address 192.168.1.6. Check all cable connections. Check that the printer, PC and router are powered on and connected to the network.

i have bit defender firewall and created a rule for this ip and for the port itself. but it still doesn't work...

any suggestions?

2. surfasb

surfasb Titles Shmm-itles

Reputations:
    I assume you can ping the IP address.

It also helps to list your OS and router.

3. downloads

downloads Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Does it work with the firewall off?

4. RooGee

RooGee Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ surfasb: OS win7, router NetComm NB9W
    @ downloads: yes it did work when the firewall is off, but only the first time after installation. i tried to deactivate the firewall another time and a message saying there's no communication showed up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.