HP vs Compaq difference

Discussion in 'HP' started by RazorsEdge, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venombite

Venombite Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by quesoyyo

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  2. quesoyyo

quesoyyo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    <blockquote id='quote'>quote:<hr height='1' noshade id='quote'>Originally posted by Venombite

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
  3. Venombite

Reputations:
    Quesoyyo,

Yeah, you have access to their Business support if you own their Business products. I think you get slightly better service than the Consumer support lines.

Here's a couple support phone numbers:

HP Business Computing and Storage Products Support
    1-800-HP-INVENT
    1-800-474-6836

Compaq Commercial, Enterprise or Business Products, and Former "Digital" Products Support
    1-800-OK-COMPAQ
    1-800-652-6672

It should also apply to Spain. The best thing to do is call the 800#'s above first. If that's just for the US & Canada, I have a link below that have the support #'s in Spain.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/es/es/contact/phone_assist.html

-Vb-

4. quesoyyo

quesoyyo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    That's what i was wondering, they just have a common hotline in spain for tech support for all products, no matter whether business or home...(according to that webpage)
    but thanks a lot anyways.

HP Compaq nx7010, 512 RAM, PM 1.5 Ghz, 64 MB ATI 9200, 40 GB 4200 rpm, WSXGA (1680x1050)

5. Venombite

Reputations:
    I think it may be similar to the 1-800-OK-COMPAQ number. That will give you the option for Business or Consumer products. When you select Business, it sends you to a different group/call center. If you accidently go to the Consumer line, they'll transfer you once they find out the model you have. Could that be how Spain's call center is setup?

-Vb-

6. ReverendDC

ReverendDC Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I think we are all dousing this issue with gasoline and lighting it on fire. I think the point we are all alluding to is that HP has oversaturated its own markets. In effect, it is competing against itself in almost every key market. The only real exception is the business market with the nx and nc series, where it seems that HP has a much more focused thought process-and where the company has had the most success.

In the home and small business segment, however, any computer that is branded HP can also be found as a Compaq. Confusing and not a good long term plan, in my opinion.

7. quesoyyo

quesoyyo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thanks god I haven't had any serious problems with my nx so that I had to call up HP, so I don't know about HP support in Spain. But I guess I'll have to check it out anyways sometime...

HP Compaq nx7010, 512 RAM, PM 1.5 Ghz, 64 MB ATI 9200, 40 GB 4200 rpm, WSXGA (1680x1050)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.