HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    OK, couple interesting developments. First, tried F2 but got the same diagnostics menu as before (no audio test option).

Thought maybe it's because I'm using F.22 BIOS, so tried to update to F.25. However, when running, I get an error msg, "This BIOS update is blocked on this device." Not clear from the changelog that only certain machines are included. Weird.

-Matt

2. sonyfxa36

sonyfxa36 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I love my Spectre x360. Had it since 04/23/2015 and i haven't had any problems with it. Windows 10 works flawless and quality of the computer has been perfect. Battery Life clams to be 12 hours, In reality I only get about 7 Hours of battery life. Other than that this is a top quality notebook.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    gadgetrants likes this.
  3. GadgetsNut

GadgetsNut Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Oh my, I've better not let my daughter see this lol. She loves those ponies ;) How does that go on it, is it just a sticker? Where can I buy it from?

I bought my Spectre X360 couple weeks ago. Definitely the best Windows laptop I've ever bought.

4. abepaniagua

abepaniagua Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I got 30 on just one window and I got 2 windows opened hahaha.

0%. I get 7-9 with 25-50%. I work indoors.

gadgetrants likes this.
  5. CliffW

CliffW Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone noticed any coil whine with their machine? I've had my 360 for a couple of months now and only heard it for the first time last night. It was late and the room was quiet. I'm hoping when I use it this evening the noise is gone!

6. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    Quite a few mentions throughout the owners forum.

-Matt

CliffW likes this.
  7. CliffW

CliffW Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Matt. I'm not sure whether it's even worth contacting HP about. If it's really quiet or I put my ear to the back-left I can hear a buzzing noise which lasts about a second and happens randomly, generally every 10-15 seconds. I'm not even 100% sure it's coil whine.

Plus the fact my fan can be a bit obnoxious and high-pitched, I'm a bit paranoid that my machine isn't as expected!

8. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    Cliff, mine is dead silent -- does it matter if it's plugged in or not? I should probably add, after a decade or two of loud MP3s and earbuds, I may have the coil whine x3 and not be able to hear it! Fan seems OK though.

-Matt

CliffW likes this.
  9. CliffW

CliffW Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks again Matt. Appreciate your help with this.

Have you ever tried playing a game on yours? Not a heavy game, something the integrated graphics can handle? If so did yours get really hot and loud very quickly?

10. gadgetrants

Reputations:
    No games, but I have what you're describing on an occasional web page, or when MS Defender or some system app grabs CPU for a bit. It also did that when I installed Picasa and the app scanned my disk for photos. I think CPU was in the upper 70%s and temps were in the low 80Cs for a few hours.

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.