HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I see. Can any other owner give feedback about that? it seems to be a non-issue, but i would like to be 100% sure that, say, in a perfectly quiet library while studying i won't hear any sound. Madmook says he has to lean up very close to hear it, but I don't know if it will be different for someone esle. Thank you

2. Dayton

Dayton Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I prefer warm as well, so I'm also happy with the default color profile. As far as noise I haven't heard any, so far the x360 has been as quiet as my Surface Pro 2. The fans did rev up once and very loudly when it downloaded and installed all my metro apps from the Store but that was the only time so far.

alkpit likes this.
  3. stuckat1

stuckat1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I need to put my ear on the keyboard to hear anything.

4. Dayton

Reputations:
    I was hoping the pen would be a bit better but maybe I am too accustomed to having a digitizer because of my SP2. I am not expecting to be able to write and draw like I can on my SP2 but I was hoping to use the pen as a mouse when the x360 is in tablet mode. It kind of works but doing a double click is very difficult as it appears that the pen needs to click and not just tap against the screen, unless I am missing something.

5. airmt

airmt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you mean that in very quiet environment or in a normal office? Many people dont have troubles even with some louder fans as they only use it in the office during the workday (I dont mind it either when there is some normal noise around me but I do notice it very much in the evenings in a quiet room).

alkpit likes this.
  6. aparker71

aparker71 Newbie

Reputations:
    I haven't heard much sound from mine at all, going on almost 3 full weeks of use as well. Color seems great on mine but I readjusted some setting to what I prefer. All of my colleagues at work think it is a fantastic machine, even the guy who just got his new Dell XPS 13. The Mac guys here said if they were PC Guys then this would be the laptop they would like to have.

7. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, it seems a great machine and i hope no big issues occur so i will buy it pretty soon. Thank you.

8. Dayton

Reputations:
    I did some work in PhotoShop last night and the fan kicked off. I didn't find it loud or annoying as the pitch is low. More like "oh the fan finally turned on" instead of "what's that noise". Even in a room with little to no noise I personally wouldn't find it distracting.

9. svenhassel

svenhassel Newbie

Reputations:
    Which digitizer are you using? The HP Active Pen?

You could try other pens from Synaptics, like the one made for Dell. Check this: . Even though he is using an Envy X2, the experience could be similar in the Spectre.

10. Dayton

Reputations:
    I have the HP Active since I was able to walk into a BB and pick one up. It would be okay if I could program the buttons, like make one double click. If so, it would work great for how I would wish to use it. Only have access to the Windows pen settings, so can only enable or disable the buttons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.