HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I hate to send you on a wild goose chase, but two thoughts....

...first, please post a link to a video that seems bad (or is it pretty much ANY video?).

Second, I don't think I installed the Energy Star Power Plan utility...and I only have a slight popping sound when some web pages load...if you have it installed could you check and maybe uninstall/test?

-Matt

2. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This issue has actually been discussed heavily in this forum. Basically we don't really know the exact solution to this problem. I for one have solved it by disabling the DTS audio enhancements everytime i restart since it tends to re enable on its own, this solved the crackling noise for me. Others have not been so lucky and still have some problems regarding the noise.

3. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    That is actually a feature inside Win10 itself, something to do with wake timers in the updates. Basically the default mode is while plugged in and not in use, even if it is off, the system turns itself on at 3AM and install updates. You can disable this by the way.
    On the funny side there had been talks about people getting scared of their PC's because of this feature, thinking that it became haunted since it wakes up on its own at exactly 3AM hehehe.

4. Arcao

Arcao Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys,
    Beware, I am experiencing fan always on with new bios firmware F.25 Rev.A. The fan always on configuration choice does not have any effect. So I downgraded bios back to F.22 Rev.A to solve this issue.

gadgetrants likes this.
  5. dlr

dlr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there

My multimedia function keys (F6-F8) do not work on my X360 with Windows 10. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

6. hdad2

hdad2 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    These automatic updates are driving me crazy. It's turning on my PC from sleep, but worse, it keeps reversing the two finger scroll direction on the clickpad. I can't imagine why every windows update contains a mouse driver, but why else would the Enable Reverse Scrolling revert to default (on) when windows updates? And why must it loose my settings? Grr.

7. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On the topic of updates, does anyone have a better explanation for the update called HP Notebook System Image Software Feature Settings Update that I'm seeing in HP Support Assistant?

HP's description is: "This package provides the updated system image software feature settings for supported notebook models running a supported operating system and software features."

I think it originally showed up in support assistant as Image Build ID and Feature Byte Tattoo Tweaks. I asked about this update on HP's forum but did not get a decent reply. I believe they are the same update, as I did not apply the image build ID update, then this system image software update showed up instead.

8. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I actually saw that same update on my HP Support Assistant once Styptic and it always failed to push through while installing, it just kept downloading and reinstalling. I was kinda looking for a solution in the internet when it just suddenly disappeared from the updates. It never updated and i never saw it again, well not yet I guess.

9. svenhassel

svenhassel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi fellow owners of the x360. I reported some time ago that I was suffering extreme battery drain while on hibernate and off state. That was driving me crazy!

I found the cause of the problem: the possibility to charge trough USB while on hibernate-off state. I was leaving a pen drive connected to the x360, that had a led light. As the led light continued to be on when I turned off the PC, I realized that the cause could be related. Therefore, I entered the BIOS and I disabled the possibility of charging in off state. Now the drainage disappeared, or at least almost all of it.

Now my battery drains 1% after being on hibernate for 8 hours. I think this is normal, isn´t it?

HP support told me to send the PC to them, but now I don´t think it is necessary. If I have to leave the problematic function off, is not a real issue for me.

10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    1% isn't normal for hibernate, it should be less.
    That said, coming back from hibernate probably can take up to 1% at times, so that is probably what you are seeing :).

Only one port charges from off or hibernate states (left side) so you could just use the other ports if you wanted to continue to use that feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.