HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I
    I can hear it from the left corner, but putting my ear to it, it is quite clear that it is a moving fan. You cannot hear it unless you listen carefully or put your ear to it.

2. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If it is really bothering you, perhaps it might be a good idea to visit a store and try to check their display units if it exhibits any of the buzzing. We need to make sure because it might be a defect of the fan and might need some attention.
    You guys must have a very good sense of hearing, or my hearing must be pretty bad. I can only hear something when the fan starts turning on, otherwise I don't really hear anything unless I put my ear directly on the chassis, then it is probably nit picking hahaha. Anyway I'm not sure if opening the chassis voids the warranty, but I did read from somewhere about a guy asking about changing the ssd, and some HP rep saying it might void your warranty. Not sure if he meant opening the chassis or changing the ssd.

3. adrynalyne

Reputations:
    I don't think I ever implied that it bothered me.

4. svenhassel

svenhassel Newbie

Reputations:
    Yep, it should be like that. But no one else reported this problem. I will leave it in the hands of HP (shudder).

5. abepaniagua

abepaniagua Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sound popping continues, and now I noticed that the three flick gesture isn't working.

6. Adham

Adham Newbie

Reputations:
    Update on the coil whine issue:
    First of all thank you all for your replies. Yesterday the fan was making a faint grinding noise when on, as if it's hitting something while spinning. The grinding would either get worse or stop altogether when moving the laptop around in certain directions. I had Edge, Mail, and HWmonitor running while plugged in and the laptop was at 75 degrees Celsius. That is when I started hearing the grinding noises. Seems like everything went back to normal today, but I can't rely on this not happening again. Returning it tomorrow and probably going to wait for a Skylake refresh. Bummer.

7. neilaa

neilaa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi, I have just taken delivery of the Hp spectre x360. I am having trouble dragging and dropping with the touchpad. Does anyone know how to do this?

many thanks
    Hi, I have just taken delivery of the Hp spectre x360. I am having trouble dragging and dropping with the touchpad. Does anyone know how to do this?

many thanks

8. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Regarding W10: I had reserved but a month now I'm waiting. It says that some important drives aren't available yet and I should contact Intel.

9. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    For the Spectre x360? I think a lot of us have managed to upgrade without issues. Don't wait for the notification, just upgrade it yourself manually.

Download Windows 10

gadgetrants likes this.
  10. adrynalyne

Reputations:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.