HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abepaniagua

abepaniagua Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It is the sound issue. Mine continues even after manually updating and disabling the DTS enhance.

That's a hissing noise, like coil or metallic, right? It happens in almost every laptop I've had...thing is, this one gets pretty quiet while others were more noisy and you couldn't hear it much. My laptop stopped that noise a while ago, but I'm not sure.

2. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Like abepaniagua said, it might be coil whine, also it is common in most laptops I've used, HP, Asus, Dell, Acer. Just some are more audible than others well, maybe because they are inherently more quiet than others as well. But my spectre has very little to no coil whine that I can hear. If it is very annoying maybe you can check others at the store if those exhibit the same problem, and consider a replacement.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    From my experience with another HP laptop (an envy) with Bang and Olufsen speakers, there doesn't seem to be any hardware difference with a "normal" DTS branded speaker. Maybe its just a branding thing, one slapped with B&O branding and others with DTS. Even the control panel for DTS or B&O are the same only with different colors grey/silver or black depends on the branding. Whats more important maybe is the size or quality of the speakers they installed which I guess is not that much considering the space or lack thereof that they had to work with inside the Spectre.

4. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    When is the Spectre x360 Skylake coming? I heard rumors it should come in September 2015. Any one want to chime in?

5. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not really sure. Although the desktop Skylakes have already been released, leaks say that the mobile skylakes wont be launched till September 2015. We might expect new laptops come holiday season or early Q1 of next year. I just hope they actually read the threads and improve upon the flaws and bugs of the current generation, and hopefully also include 1 to 2 usb-c's.

6. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-spectre-x360---13-4101dx-(energy-star)

It also says you have a user accessible memory slot.

I don't buy that either.
    Especially since the data sheet says it is not:
    Accessible memory slots • Memory slot not user accessible

They also try to be misleading by saying it has a 6th gen Intel Core CPU.
    http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-spectre-x360---13-4101dx-(energy-star)#!&TabName=features

In reality, it is a 5th gen Core i7, which is how everyone else in the world refers to it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...gnature-Edition-2-in-1-PC/productID.320750400

Microsoft doesn't mention user accessible slot, nor B & O speakers.

Neither does the data sheet:
    DTS Studio Sound™ with dual speakers

http://store.hp.com/wcsstore/hpusstore/pdf/n5r94ua.pdf

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  7. Alex_spectre

Alex_spectre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So you're telling me that Best Buy just took me for a ride? These are are off their website. Idk what to think here.

Attached Files:

8. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They update their specs from HP, and like HP, they had usb c listed for a while too. So I am sure it isn't intentional.

Let me ask this. Does anything in your documentation that came with the laptop, or the box say it has B & O? The data sheet says it doesn't, while the general specs says it does.

9. Alex_spectre

Alex_spectre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No it doesn't anywhere. There must be a way to check through windows 10 control panel. Any advice on what to do?

10. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I noticed this whine just the last days and I 've been owning the laptop for 3 months now. Could it be there all the time? Or it may have appeared just now?

I am not sure it is there all the time but surely it is another thing of this laptop that bugs me. Do Macs have coil whine too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.