HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OcaNj

OcaNj Newbie

Reputations:
    For the people that have upgraded from 8.1 to 10 on this model. Do you recommend it? Have you noticed a decrease in battery life or any other issues as of today? Any other preparations before hand? I have the message that I could install it but I'm hesitant. Thanks in advance.

2. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Seems fine to me. Others have mentioned their distaste for Windows 10, but from a performance standpoint, I haven't noticed any negatives. My only recommendation is to be sure to turn off rotation lock, which on by default.

3. OcaNj

OcaNj Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm also wondering about battery life. Yesterday I fully charged it to 100% for first time, I started watching some streaming videos for about 3 1/2 hours and the battery went down to 35%. Would you say this is normal for streaming videos on a chrome browser? Anything I could do to prolong stream viewing?

4. PsylentStorm

Reputations:
    How many times have you charged it? Battery life was pretty weak for the first 1 or 2 charges, but dramatically improved since.

5. OcaNj

OcaNj Newbie

Reputations:
    It was my first charge, just picked it up yesterday got the signature edition if that makes a difference. Went through all kind of updates on windows and hp side including bios. I don't think I should let it discharge to 0% right?

6. PsylentStorm

Reputations:
    Yeah, I was surprised how little charge the battery held at first, given the reviews. After a couple of charges, it lasts as good as advertised.

From what I've read, you shouldn't drain to 0%. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but lithium Ion batteries work better with partial discarges.

7. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Our house is on an older Asus (N16) running Shibby's Tomato at 2.4GHz...when I first brought home the X360 I strangely couldn't get throughput faster than 4Mbps, which was much slower than the ~60Mbps I normally see on my other laptops.

After an evening of tinkering with the router firmware, I discovered an advanced setting (802.11n preamble) that had been moved off its default setting. The moment I switched it back to the default value, the X360 throughput jumped to 100Mbps, pretty much throughout the house.

Not sure the same issue applies in your case, but the moral of the story for me was: play quite a bit with your router and see if the 7265 prefers a setting that the other machines in your house are indifferent to. You might also channel hunt a bit.

-Matt

8. svenhassel

svenhassel Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all,

The battery life of my Spectre improved after some battery cycles. However, I still have a problem: it drains battery in hibernate mode. After 8 hours, it will lose around 10% of battery. I have tested for 2 weeks, and the result is more or less consistent. This happened when it had win 8.1, and also now with Win 10.

I don't know what is happening. First I disabled the connected standby option in the registry, but results are the same.

I thought that it could be that the powered USB ports are sending electricity to USB thumb drives or mouse USB radio connectors, but I am not sure. Disconnecting all USB devices doesn't seem to change the result, and it is also not practical. I disabled a setting in the power options related to "USB selective suspende setting", and the "fast start up" option as well.

If this continues I will have to contact HP. Anyone else experienced this problem?

Other problems I wasn't expecting in an expensive machine like this:
    -the stupid sound bug disappeared after I disabled the DTS sound enhancements option.
    - Bluetooth connection to a speaker is terrible (lots of cuts in the transmission), specially in "tablet mode" in windows 10.
    - I have mini system hungs, specially using Edge browser. This post took forever to be written, the cursor freezes all the time.

9. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wrote with the HP Support and they working on a fix.
    He said there will be more Drivers and more fixes.
    I hope they release a fix soon.

10. OcaNj

OcaNj Newbie

Reputations:
    So once in a while I hear a weird popping or snappy sound coming from my headphones when I'm watching videos. Is this the sound issue you guys are referring to? Now if there are drivers that will be released as a fix, would that hp help app alert me or should I manually look for the updated drivers? I've been clicking check for update everyday just to see whats new actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.