HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mil0l

Mil0l Newbie

Reputations:
    I've had wifi issues with my Spectre since I got it and it's left me so unsure about HP. In all honestly it's probably the Intel AC-7265 wireless card, but the fact HP has washed its hands of my complaint makes them no better.

The 5GHz internet is great, but if I leave the room the 2.4Ghz drops so quickly it's unusable in the parts of the house I usually work.

traveller likes this.
  2. Mil0l

Mil0l Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes Alkpit, you're not the only one (although I feel we are!)

I was told this could be down to my finger skin or how long I use the machine (poor excuse!). Mine looks worse than that on three keys.

3. JustinJJ

JustinJJ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So, someone managed to spill a little liquid soap, no more than 5-10ml, on my keyboard, and then tried to wash it off with a damp cloth = broken keyboard. After using it in tablet mode stood on the upside down keyboard for a few days, it still does not function, although nothing else appears to be broken.

So, having looked around, it's almost impossible to buy the keyboard spares online, even on ebay and the very few sites that do stock it seem to be pretty dodgy to say the least, so I have no choice but to send it to HP for a return that is not covered under warranty, which in Ireland I think is going to be an adventure, but we'll see.

So I spoke to HP chat support and I have to go through Best2Serve, who appear to be a HP Partner. I paid them €159, discounted from €179, probably because of who my employer is even if I'm logging it as a personal customer, and now I have to wait to see what happens next.

Although now Best2Serve have the money, they have told me that they will collect the laptop "In the next few days" but cannot tell me when this will be so I can be at home to give it to the courier. Has anyone else had experience with HP support and do they normally contact you in relation to returns?

4. alkpit

alkpit Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is ridiculous. Your finger skin? What are you, a crocodile? Such flaws on such an expensive machine are unacceptable. I like this laptop very much but I have encountered several flaws here and there, and it's a pity. I think now I may should have bought a mac.

5. Mil0l

Mil0l Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I'm in the same boat. It's a nice laptop but so far it's not worked out for me. I will keep pushing for action. So far the seller isn't keen to help with the key issue.

6. TangoEchoAlpha

TangoEchoAlpha Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone know at what percentage brightness of the screen will the luminance be 110-nits? I'm wanting to do a PCMark 8 test on my battery.

7. airmt

airmt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I went back to our local store and checked the screen reflectiveness. The displayed HP machines with the touchscreens (some Pavilions with Full HD IPS) seemed like the most reflective I have seen. I have worked with glossy screen laptops since 2006 and never mind it because I solved it by raising the brightness and it never bothered me indoors at all. But those HPs really looked extremely reflective even indoors, I was pretty clearly seeing myself even with the full brightness. Retina MBP was far less reflective. Pity they didnt have the Spectre on display :( so I could see it myself.

Not many reviewers also state that but a few say the screen is very reflective, i.e.:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-reviews/hp-envy-spectre-360x-review/

8. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's probably a matter of taste, but I didn't find the screen reflective at all. I didn't see that many complaints about it on this thread either, ubt it could be that many of us have a higher tolerance for it.

gadgetrants likes this.
  9. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I had the Dell Venue 11 Pro and it was less reflective.
    There arent many situations yet where it bothers me.

I write with the HP Chat tomorrow. I hope they can say something like they are working on a fix for Sound Bugs.

10. Alex_spectre

Alex_spectre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes I'm talking about the brand name. How do I find out the speakers are actually the updated Bang & Olfusen speakers that are supposed to come in the recent revision model number 4101dx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.