HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ludopwm

ludopwm Newbie

Reputations:
    hello i have a Spectre i5/4/128 but i dont the battery time left always in % only
    is the last bios cause that ??? i do clean install win 8 and after win 10 but same result

2. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried both.
    Still no fix.... Cmon HP :D

@ ludopwm
    I think you need to wait because it takes time to calculate the time for Windows 10.

3. ludopwm

ludopwm Newbie

Reputations:
    No before yesterday i had the left time .. And i suppose maybe the bios update is in cause.... Or not ?

4. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Guys, I'll save you the trouble (if you haven't already) of reading all 72 pages of the thread: at some point HP eliminated the time estimate through a BIOS update. I saw a silly post somewhere (perhaps it was for a similar machine) by an HP CS rep who said something like,"Well, those estimates caused a lot of confusion for owners and our engineers couldn't get them to be consistent, so we decided to remove them. The % value is more reliable!"

The truth is that estimating remaining battery time is not all that hard from an engineering standpoint (assuming a reasonably well-behaved user) but HP took the easy way out. o_O

If it really bugs you, you can read back in the thread and find a bit of discussion about third-party battery apps.

-Matt

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    traveller likes this.
  5. Alex_spectre

Alex_spectre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How to I find out what speakers my new Spectre x360 has? Model number is 4101dx. Is there a way to check audio hardware name in windows 10 settings? 256/i7/8gb/FHD (hopefully Bang and Olfusen speakers)

6. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Mine still shows time and %, but I also have a third party battery app called Battery Bar. It hasn't been able to calculate power consumption with any BIOS since F.04. I have stayed with F.04 because of the lack of complete battery info. That is probably why mine still shows both time and %.

Good luck, Jim

gadgetrants likes this.
  7. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks you two! It is unpredictable and inconsistent on mine, but even when the mouse doesn't get disabled, the keyboard is correctly disabled. I'll probably try contacting HP, though they haven't been much help so far.

8. Alex_spectre

Alex_spectre Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bump. Nobody knows?

9. dlr

dlr Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there

My multimedia function keys (F6-F8) do not work on my X360 with Windows 10. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

10. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you referring to your previous question about speakers?

I'm not sure what you mean by hardware name... are you asking about a brand name (e.g. Beats, JBL etc...)? Pretty sure these are not a named brand. In Windows, device manager just reports them as speakers, I don't think it would show up in windows anywhere even if they were branded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.