HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Keep in mind that gpedit is just a gui registry editor. Anything you do in gpedit can be done in regedit.

2. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have come across another small issue since upgrading to Windows 10 (note, it may have been present in Win 8.1 too, but I don't remember it occurring).

When I turn on or restart the computer with the keyboard folded over, the ClickPad is not correctly disabled, so the mouse cursor will move if I hold the tablet with my hand in the wrong place. Obviously this is not desired behaviour.

My PC just 'upgraded' the Synaptics driver through Windows Update, though it was the exact same version (19.0.12.95) that was installed. This did not fix the issue with settings being lost, unfortunately. This non-disabling of the ClickPad was present before the 'upgrade' too.

Can anyone replicate this issue, or is it just me?

Edit: So after waking the PC up from sleep, it took 5 or 6 flips of the keyboard (and waiting a good 5-10 seconds after each flip) before it finally realised and turned off the ClickPad. Does it sound more like the sensor is not responding? Each time, the keyboard was correctly disabled...

Just tried another flip while typing this post, and it didn't disable the mouse. Another two tries and it did. This is annoying!

I should probably also note that the BIOS updated to version F.22 through HP Support Assistant this morning, which is supposed to help with the computer responding to keyboard flips. Seems like it might have had the opposite effect.

Sorry about the super long post, thanks for reading!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  3. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Further to my above post, another issue, which most likely relates to the problems with sound discussed previously, involves the system sound (the 'drrringgg' noise) when changing the volume level through the taskbar icon. Quite often (though not every time) the sound is extremely crackly and distorted. I can also hear a constant low frequency hum through the speakers now, which was not present before the Windows 10 upgrade.

I have noticed a similar issue with the sound crackling while playing back a video embedded in a PowerPoint presentation, but not while watching videos with Media Player Classic or listening to music in Winamp. It appears to be application dependent, which seems odd to me.

I have tried disabling the DTS enhancements; no difference. I also updated the Realtek Audio drivers to the latest version shown on the HP support site; no solution either. Any other ideas on what to try?

4. D4rk_nVidia

D4rk_nVidia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried Things like disabling dts enhancements and updating drivers too, but no difference.
    No Problems while hearing musict through HDMI.

Hope there is a fix

5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Are you using Windows 10 or 8.1 realtek drivers?

HP has Windows 10 specific drivers out now.

6. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i got the hp spectre x360 4102dx and even on hp website it still says bang and olufsen speakers.
    but i dont have them. anybody who got their machine at best buy has them?

7. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @Styptic FWIW I have the i7/8GB/256 model with W8.1...just put it into hibernation while in laptop mode -> folded it into tablet mode and then restarted. Keyboard and trackpad were both deactivated once the machine restarted. What you're describing does sound like a sensor issue.

I should note I'm on the older BIOS. About to update to F.22 now...will post back if anything changes!

EDIT: OK, hibernated and restarted in tablet mode a few times on F.22 and the keyboard/trackpad still behave as designed. Sorry I can't replicate the issue, at least not on 8.1

-Matt

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  8. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have not been able to reproduce your problem Styptic, tablet mode worked just fine with regards to disabling touchpad and keyboard, restarting and sleeping in various modes. Its only the rotation that is somewhat glitchy on certain occasions. It might be worth letting the HP peeps look at your laptop just in case, or get a replacement?

9. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have experienced the crackling noise you mentioned but not to your extent though. I would also like to point out that the whole DTS control panel is buggy, it doesn't save settings when you restart. So if ever you disabled (uncheck) the enhancements it will revert back to its original enabled state when you restart BUT it will still remain unchecked, so you would need to check and uncheck them again to really disable them, well up until you restart then you'd have to do it again. Its weird and buggy, I've reached out to HP about this and the new drivers/software does not fix that issue.

10. Adham

Adham Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello,
    I got my new HP Spectre x360 (8/256/i7/FHD/Signature Edition Canada) a couple of days ago and started noticing some buzzing sounds coming from the left air vents, closer to the left hinge. Someone described the sound online as "someone trying to communicate with you in morse code" and that's probably the most accurate description of this sound. It happens at irregular intervals and I only really notice it at late at night in a quiet room and can't seem to figure out what's causing it and it's driving me crazy. This HP forum
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Spectre-x360-Noise/td-p/5107394
    discusses it but no one has come to a conclusion yet other than getting a replacement, but even then some people still experience the same issue. Is anyone here experiencing the same issue? I wouldn't want to return this laptop because it's pretty much perfect in every other way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.