HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsylentStorm

PsylentStorm Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To those of you who have the Dell Active Stylus (750-AAGN), how do you erase on OneNote 2013? One button is ink, and the other is lasso. From what I can tell, there isn't an easy way to erase mistakes... :vbconfused:

2. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There is a choice actually, well.... Kinda. You can select the dropdown when it asks you to do it automatically, so it will just switch to the respective mode without asking you. And yeah it bums me too with the oversight of having part of the selection buttons covered by that taskbar. Hehe

3. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    As far as i know the lowest setting isnt dim enough so it looks like its off. You could however set up a screen saver to blank, just a suggestion if you dont mind the hassle.

kinghu likes this.
  4. thoots

thoots Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hehehe, small world. I also have one very un-used Yoga 2 Pro sitting in a drawer.

As for the "screen off," there actually is such a function built into the "Classic Shell" program, if you're inclined to use that to nuke the whole Windows 8 "metro" interface and go back to a regular-old Start Menu that you can build to meet your needs. Just go into the Classic Shell's "Customize Start Menu" tab, and you'll find a "Monitor Off" or some such command (way down near the bottom of the dialog box) that you can drag over to the Start menu. This may well be something that's in newer rather than older versions, so you may need to update to a newer version if you can't find it.

At any rate, I understand your need exactly, I have the Monitor Off set up on my Classic Shell Start menu, and I definitely use it every now and then.

Good luck!

5. Arrowblade

Arrowblade Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice Call on the updates. There was a whole bunch of updates and i hadn't seen anything of this type on Windows Update, so i just downloaded all of them. The only one i didn't install was the graphics driver because it said i already had a newer one installed.

On the plus side, my bios now posts in 2 seconds compared to 4 seconds before the updates (checked the startup tab in task manager), and maybe it's me but maybe the login is a fraction faster too.
    And after installing the touchpad driver, i find 2 finger scrolling in firefox to be much smoother which can only be a good thing!

6. abepaniagua

abepaniagua Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The top button works as an eraser for me. Maybe you need to change functionality for the buttons.

7. CalRed

CalRed Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi All ... New Owner of a X360/i7/8GB/256SSD/FHD . Purchased from BestBuy. Loving it so far! I've just spent the last couple of days reading this thread and I am so impressed with the information you all have shared here! I've got a ton of notes that I hope to maintain. I've truly learned alot and am even more pleased with my decision to get this model! Thanks to all the Posters and Contributors :)

After all the reading I had just about talked myself into returning what I have and upgrading to the QHD and 512SSD. The main reason I originally shied away from it was the reduced battery life with the QHD. I 'really' want the extra drive space but BB only had that option available with the QHD. The price point at BB seems better than I've been able to find any where else so far (even HP Direct)

I 'just' saw a post about getting a 256GB SD Card and keeping it in the system. I'm thinking that's a great idea ... I don't recall seeing anything in this thread about recommended make/model/speed, etc. that the X360 can take. Can I get some recommendations please.

TIA ...

Edit: A little research on Amazon and I see this for $89 - Any Comments about it's use in this way? I don't expect to use it to run programs - only storage ...
    PNY Elite Performance 256 GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-I, U3 up to 95 MB/Sec Flash Card (P-SDX256U395-GE)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  8. Xero

Xero Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why not just upgrade the SSD if you don't want the QHD screen?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=m.2+512gb

traveller likes this.
  9. airmt

airmt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How do you find the screen reflectiveness? I have only seen high spec X360 Pavilion 2015 (Full HD 13", i5, SSD) in person and that screen was quite dim/or very reflective so that I was seeing my self and stuff in the background even on the full brightness (and inside a shop).
    Last 9 years I have been working only with laptops that have reflective screens but have not had an issue with it (since I work inside on full brightness usually). But this Full HD pavilion made me a bit unsure... Next to it was 15" and it was the same thing.
    Did any of you see the spectre and 2015 Full HD Pavilion 13" side by side?

10. svenhassel

svenhassel Newbie

Reputations:
    I have the FHD Spectre x360, and I don't have a problem with reflections. Yes, it can be reflective, as almost all touchscreens bar the one in the Toshiba Z20, and other odd models with matte displays. However, you can compensate reflection by raising the screen brightness. It is not ideal, but it works.

I am currently in a public library, with bright lights, using the screen at half the brightness. I think I just got accustomed to some level of reflection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.