HP Spectre x360

Discussion in 'HP' started by stuckat1, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm finding gestures a little strange in Windows 10 too. I have version 19.0.12.95 of the Synaptics driver, and noticed that it does not correctly keep the "Three-Finger Flick" option unchecked on a reboot.

This setting affects the app-switching and minimising gestures, but I really liked the way it was in Windows 8.1, where I could use the three finger flick to browse backwards and forwards in web browsers, photo galleries, folder explorers, etc...

With "Three-Finger Flick" checked, Windows applies the app-switching three-finger gestures, appearing to override the driver setting. If I uncheck it, no more three-finger gestures, but after a reboot, "Three-Finger Flick" is automatically checked again. I have not tried reinstalling drivers.

So GX9, I have the opposite problem to you... I want to turn off the gestures, but I can't. You can always invoke the task view by either Alt + TAB (for the single desktop) or Windows + TAB (multiple desktop).

To add to this:
    Disabling reverse scrolling didn't work properly for me either. Using the Synaptics driver setting meant that desktop apps would scroll the old way (two fingers down, scrolls down) but 'modern' apps still scrolled the new way (two fingers down, scrolls up). I can't find a setting for this in Windows.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Bummer, I hope they'll fix the driver bugs. You know i was hoping for a 2 finger scrolling (like macs, i know hehehe) not just for horizontal scrolling but also browsing forwards and backwards on browsers and photos, I have no idea why they cannot implement this since it doesn't really conflict with other functions.
    I actually found a way for the task view and show desktop to work, it was actually already there as a 4 finger flick option. It seems to me like the default windows apps or universal apps are overriding the drivers since you can horizontal scroll your photos with two fingers, but it doesn't work on browsers.

By the way where did you get the updated drivers?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Styptic, after browsing the depths of the interwebs I actually found several articles regarding the 19.0.12.95 synaptics drivers. It seems like the problem is that its not actually saving the changes you make in its settings. HP actually recommends rolling back to the previous 18.x.xx drivers.

4. Arrowblade

Arrowblade Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hey guys, after upgrading to windows 10, has anyone found their boot time and shutdown time has increased a few seconds? It's not a big deal but i felt that windows 10 seems to get stuck on the logging in screen longer than win8.1...

5. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    i have the same problem. i just updated to win10 and have that pop. Sometimes the audio starts distorting whatever i am playing. didnt have this before and wanted to ask if you found a fix?

thanks

6. Styptic

Styptic Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn't go out of my way to install version 19, would have got it either through Windows Update or the HP Support Assistant.

I'll try downgrading when I get a chance, thanks for the tip.

I also remember the four finger flick options for app switching, they must have been in the older driver, I can't find them now.

I also notice this. It definitely takes longer to sign in under Windows 10, a few seconds...

7. ksburgess

ksburgess Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks, these look good! I'll be outside pretty much all day every day for 8 days so it'll get put through its paces.

8. ksburgess

ksburgess Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I haven't updated my x360 yet, but my Stream 7 is definitely a little slower on the login. Hopefully something that will get addressed in an update.

9. shizzle

shizzle Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anyone who has Win10 on the Spectre have any problem with sound?

10. GX9

GX9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What software do you use to play audio on? I find that playing stuff (audio or video) on the groove music or movies and tv app audio would not pop, but if I use other apps like vlc, mphc, or windows media player the cracking or pops occur. There was an updated realtek drivers right after I installed Win10, maybe updating would help?

Oh, I also found out that when I disable the Audio Enhancements on the DTS Control Panel thing the cracking or pops disappear.

PsylentStorm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.